• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MapleLeaf1967

Reaction score
If you want the utmost care for your garments from an exceptional tailor - I recommend Ian. He's located downtown and by appointment only via the London Bespoke Club. I've gone to him for years and have never been disappointed.

If you are interested in Neapolitan tailoring please send me your contact details and I will let you know how to reach Fabio Manna.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I need to get some sport coats tailored beyond just simple sleeve shortening and also some trousers tapered with possible seat and waist adjustments. I'd appreciate it if you're able to offer some of your top suggestions. I currently don't have a go-to tailor in the TO area, and quite frankly, I'm not keen on engaging in a process of discovery by risking my precious clothes, so I'd prefer to take my chances with the recommendations of those in the thread who have tried various options.
Bucharest Tailor

@induere_to

hysteria

Reaction score
Yea I do. I tried them for pants, and just ordered shirts (should be receiving them next week).

The pants didn't turn out great, but it was not really their fault as I am a hard fit. It also didn't help that I did not have a good pair of pants to base the measurements on. The issue was primarily with the rise, and my tailor was able to fix it as they provided extra fabric. Construction was solid as well and customer service was great. I plan on giving the pants another shot in the future.

I'd say, try them out if you have a pair of well-fitting pants. Make sure to use their trial pants service. You will have to pay customs fees as they use Fedex tho (~$30 off a $250 pair). I can update on the shirt when I receive it.

Hope this helps.

How was the fabric? Which one did you order?

Bersabee

Reaction score
How was the fabric? Which one did you order?
I bought the cheapest one. It's a mix of wool and viscose if correct. It's a summer trouser. I'd say it feels similar to fresco. I'd recommend spending the extra $ to get a nicer fabric tho. There isn't much of a difference in price for 100% wool.

Shahhx

Reaction score
Was walking down Bloor street and saw the free standing Zegna store was closed and the space being advertised for lease. That was surprising. I didn't even think they had opened that long ago.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In other news, went to Harry Rosen Bloor yesterday, and they now offer Ralph Lauren Purple Label made to measure.

The fabric selection is insane. Lots of Super 180's - very luxurious fabrics.

MTM offered in three models: Gregory, Kent, and Ralph.

Two tiers of pricing:

Hand Tailored (fully canvassed - some handwork): $3,500 - $33K
Hand Made (fully canvassed - almost completely handmade) - Around $7k to almost $70K.

Fabric choice determines price.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In other news, went to Harry Rosen Bloor yesterday, and they now offer Ralph Lauren Purple Label made to measure.

The fabric selection is insane. Lots of Super 180's - very luxurious fabrics.

MTM offered in three models: Gregory, Kent, and Ralph.

Two tiers of pricing:

Hand Tailored (fully canvassed - some handwork): $3,500 - $33K
Hand Made (fully canvassed - almost completely handmade) - Around $7k to almost $70K.

Fabric choice determines price.

$70k for a suit? Definitely beyond my means. Not sure I'd even drop that much on a car.

MapleLeaf1967

Reaction score
$70k for a suit? Definitely beyond my means. Not sure I'd even drop that much on a car.

The best value for a high quality bespoke suit by a Neapolitan tailor is Sartoria Manna. They are willing to travel to Toronto for a fitting. Their prices start at 2000 euro. That is a great deal when you consider what Kiton, Isaia and Atollini charge.

hysteria

Reaction score
The best value for a high quality bespoke suit by a Neapolitan tailor is Sartoria Manna. They are willing to travel to Toronto for a fitting. Their prices start at 2000 euro. That is a great deal when you consider what Kiton, Isaia and Atollini charge.

They travel to Toronto? Once a year? Do they have a schedule? Damn...they had a good reputation to begin with, but this automatically changes the game completely.
There are other Italian Makers too that will make a fantastic suit for 2000-3000 euro like Pirozzi. When those options exist, it's a no-brainer.

KWang94

Reaction score

I know you've spoken about Manna before but I forgot to ask: have you had anything made by them in the past? Or is this your first experience with them? Assuming the former, in which case, I'd love to see pictures.

MapleLeaf1967

Reaction score
They travel to Toronto? Once a year? Do they have a schedule? Damn...they had a good reputation to begin with, but this automatically changes the game completely.
There are other Italian Makers too that will make a fantastic suit for 2000-3000 euro like Pirozzi. When those options exist, it's a no-brainer.

Fabio, the owners son, is willing to travel at his clients request. He is coming to see me on June 10. If interested please send him an email at [email protected]. He’s only in town for 3 days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads