• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goatamous II

Reaction score
@Viral
i'm not saying it's a terrible price vs. msrp
but those are not bargain basement prices that you should run out and get it
even Harry has 50% off sales that touch those levels
Not to mention "gray market' (ebay / Styleforum :sly:) where you can get ties at those prices, too

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to wear ties but who's wearing them these days...???

I was the only person dressed up at Le Bernardin when I was there few weeks ago.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was the only person dressed up at Le Bernardin when I was there few weeks ago.

I suit up for Zoom court. But others don't. Sad to see things swing so casual now.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you really surprised by this? And when you say “dressed up” do you mean shirt and tie?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore jacket shirt and tie.

for dinner? And so maybe you were over dressed?

I don’t get the point you’re making about you standing out in a crowd when you probably knew that would happen (and nothing wrong with wearing a tie and others wearing T-shirts) from the jump.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t get the point you’re making about you standing out in a crowd when you probably knew that would happen (and nothing wrong with wearing a tie and others wearing T-shirts) from the jump.

huh? i didn't say anything about standing out in a crowd. I didn't expect to see people wearing t-shirts for dinner.

partenopean

Reaction score

When I read this post I thought I was in the wrong thread...the NYC thread. ISn't Le Bernardin a seafood restaurant in NYC....world-famous? There is one is Toronto?

What is the point of dressing up these days? Granted I don't go to restaurants (I am not going to take the risk)...but with a mask, dressing up seems weird.

I don't know about this brand new world....time seems frozen. If this pandemic doens't end soon, the next US election cycle will end it...so give it until Nov 2024 at most.

partenopean

Reaction score
huh? i didn't say anything about standing out in a crowd. I didn't expect to see people wearing t-shirts for dinner.

Right now, I go to 3 places where there are other people: Grocery store, hardware/big bulk store, pharmacy.

All 3 are presumed disgusting....I come home and take everything off to launder.

If people like me are going out to dinner, t-shirt seems appropriate (although t-shirt in outdoor dining at -12C??!??!?)...Grandpa's old fur coat maybe...t-shirt, nah......

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't want to get into a covid debate but some of us are still traveling...

Reaction score
There were people there wearing t-shirts...

That's an acclaimed restaurant. I haven't been there, but I've been (pre-pandemic) to Sketch, Gordon Ramsay on Hospital Road, Alain Ducasse at Plaza Athenee, Quince, etc., etc. I've never seen anyone wearing a t-shirt, though plenty of men wearing suits without ties and similar.

I am a little surprised. These restauarants often have lengthy waiting lists, and for many, a visit is a notable event.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads