• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rwtc

Reaction score
No update from BMO (where I work) at least.

First time working in the Path. Tello Clothiers and Vassi Menswear look interesting. Anyone ever gone in?

I loosely recall Vassi uses Jack Victor for their MTO. (othertravel beat me to it :))

Tello's offerings are on par with what you'd find at the Bay:

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does it do for you when you find out who makes their stuff? I assume you’re not gonna but anything regardless so I’m curious why this information is so material.

Just wondering

goatamous II

Reaction score
What does it do for you when you find out who makes their stuff? I assume you’re not gonna but anything regardless so I’m curious why this information is so material.

Just wondering

It's just knowledge for me
I've never stepped foot inside Vassi's store - every piece I've obtained has been via thrift. the ties that i've handled have been top quality
Hell, one tie i found was a mink / wool / cashmere / angora blend 7-fold tie and I was curious who made such a luxurious piece

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just knowledge for me
I've never stepped foot inside Vassi's store - every piece I've obtained has been via thrift. the ties that i've handled have been top quality
Hell, one tie i found was a mink / wool / cashmere / angora blend 7-fold tie and I was curious who made such a luxurious piece

+1. As a menswear nerd, not out of the question to ask who the maker is. It's not like I'm trying to poach their suppliers.

If you're a gearhead, it's like seeing a nice car and asking who the manufacturer is. It's not like you're trying to start your own rival carmaker with the goal of poaching BMW's engineering team.

partenopean

Reaction score
I asked a simple question…..relax

Also I was wondering -- what's with the Jane-Finch profile image? For a styleforum icon, I mean.

After everything that the world and humanity has gone through in 2020 and 2021, and what Jane-Finch represents in the GTA, seems a bit insensitive and inappropriate...if not downright clueless.

Bjorling

Reaction score
Winners/Marshalls update: you've maybe noticed they've had a selection of Eton shirts priced at $60, which is pretty good. I found a couple red tagged at $40 and bought for Christmas.
HR Outlet update: I did even better there for Eton shirts, finding 4 that came to $22 each after discount stacking -- the sales guy was impressed. However, a different sales guy wasn't impressed when I found a pair of Brunello Cucinelli boots which would have been down to $300. This price was the product of discount stacking and a likely mis-pricing incident. The size was way off and I asked if they had it in my size at that price. He stared at the price, muttered and took the boots to the back, then tried to switch me to Santoni. Apologies ... if I hadn't asked about the BC boots, they probably would have remained on the floor for some SFer to grab.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winners/Marshalls update: you've maybe noticed they've had a selection of Eton shirts priced at $60, which is pretty good. I found a couple red tagged at $40 and bought for Christmas.
HR Outlet update: I did even better there for Eton shirts, finding 4 that came to $22 each after discount stacking -- the sales guy was impressed. However, a different sales guy wasn't impressed when I found a pair of Brunello Cucinelli boots which would have been down to $300. This price was the product of discount stacking and a likely mis-pricing incident. The size was way off and I asked if they had it in my size at that price. He stared at the price, muttered and took the boots to the back, then tried to switch me to Santoni. Apologies ... if I hadn't asked about the BC boots, they probably would have remained on the floor for some SFer to grab.

Winners also had Tom Ford ties.

induere_to

Reaction score
I was invited to attend the opening for a photography exhibition at Daniel’s Spectrum last night. The event was called Old World Shoes and it was a documentation on the ‘last generations’ of cobblers and shoe makers in the GTA. The project was started in 2017 and ironically, almost half of those businesses that were featured have now been closed. I showed up to support my good friend Peter Feeney as he was featured in the exhibition.

0892E3D0-F4A1-46CE-ACF7-F21A34CF2BF1.jpeg

AAF281D5-7994-4856-83D6-AB06764883E1.jpeg

582F7CED-58FE-49EF-8BF8-AAE3A1E624C5.jpeg

E500DA76-540C-4E6A-9C24-1C6D68475CDD.jpeg

23A11BB4-6EB5-4DEA-81D9-C52467551974.jpeg

0EB57602-18AE-4236-8F6A-FA17CF6E28FB.jpeg

8C69D158-FD97-4911-BC37-035A2F67CE89.jpeg

Spex

Reaction score

Which locations have you found Eton at?

Spex

Reaction score
I've seen at about 6 GTA locations, so looks to be widespread availability

I’ll have to look harder. I live downtown and took a bit of of walk to 3 different Winners and a Marshalls and didn’t spot a single one. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads