• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goatamous II

Reaction score
What are the go to Winners in the GTA for occasional SF approved finds? Based on my recent-ish finds (just before the pandemic to now):

Bathurst/Lawrence - Eton Shirts, a weird selection of MiUSA shirting (Brooks Brothers, Hickey Freeman, etc.)

College Park - At some point prepandemic they had a dumping of offseason Corridor NYC. Lots of Polo RL, some Samuelson tailoring

Vaughan Mills - Caught some Levi's Vintage there about a year ago

Hoping someone can point me towards a similarly stocked location in the Mississauga/North York/Markham areas.

It's hit or miss, of course
and sometimes there aren't the greatest deals
I've seen Tod's at the Yorkvile location, but IIRC they were still $300ish

Etobicoke i've seen Todd Snyder and a few other random brands
@othertravel i believe found Zegna and Samuelsohn at the College Park location

I know of people that have found Balenciaga before as well.

induere_to

Reaction score
Figured I ought to post this on here as this thread generally targets anyone that lives in Toronto...

The tailor shop is looking for two part time apprentices. Positions may be more suitable for fashion students that have a bit of experience already that may be looking to further their practice and development with pattern making, sewing and doing alterations etc..

Any and all referrals or recommendations are welcome, don't hesitate to PM me or reach out however you prefer.

chiggyv

Reaction score
It's hit or miss, of course
and sometimes there aren't the greatest deals
I've seen Tod's at the Yorkvile location, but IIRC they were still $300ish

Etobicoke i've seen Todd Snyder and a few other random brands
@othertravel i believe found Zegna and Samuelsohn at the College Park location

I know of people that have found Balenciaga before as well.

My find of the day today was Gitman Bros shirting at Winners Vaughan Mills. Where the heck do the find this stuff?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone visited Ivor Woolridge at his shoe store recently? I went by today, and the store was closed at 3pm. Fully stocked and I tried calling hoping it would connect to his cellphone.

I hope he didn't go under. I'd like to buy a pair of boots from him.

chiggyv

Reaction score
Has anyone visited Ivor Woolridge at his shoe store recently? I went by today, and the store was closed at 3pm. Fully stocked and I tried calling hoping it would connect to his cellphone.

I hope he didn't go under. I'd like to buy a pair of boots from him.

Haven't visited in a long while but I hope he's still around. Theres a real lack of quality shoe stocklists for a city of this size.

Report back if you manage to track him down!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't visited in a long while but I hope he's still around. Theres a real lack of quality shoe stocklists for a city of this size.

Report back if you manage to track him down!

Just spoke with Ivor. He is running his store 9am to 3pm, and later if appointment made.

We spoke briefly and he says business is really tough as The Path is a ghost town. I will be visiting him and hopefully buying a pair of boots or two.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What brands is he carrying these days?

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw his website.

He does have a nice selection of shoes. And you can tell he's very passionate about his work.

All that said, would be great if we organized a group purchase to help out a small business. I'd be up for that.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He does have a nice selection of shoes. And you can tell he's very passionate about his work.

All that said, would be great if we organized a group purchase to help out a small business. I'd be up for that.

What I saw through the store window, is more extensive than the website.

There were a few pairs of boots that I am interested in.

If anyone wants to do a group visit, I'm down for that. Small business owners like Ivor could really use our support.

Shahhx

Reaction score

I would be up for that. We go back into the office in November and I`m in the market for a decent set of monkstraps.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be up for that. We go back into the office in November and I`m in the market for a decent set of monkstraps.

I also love that Ivor is never pushy. He will ensure the shoes fit you properly.

KWang94

Reaction score
What I saw through the store window, is more extensive than the website.

There were a few pairs of boots that I am interested in.

If anyone wants to do a group visit, I'm down for that. Small business owners like Ivor could really use our support.

Any chance of him bringing C&J into the fold? Would love some more options for English shoemakers here. Don't think Robert Jones carries them either

rwtc

Reaction score
I vaguely recall asking him about CJ & EG several years ago and he said that it was in a different price range than what he was targeting so he wasn't looking to stock them

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vaguely recall asking him about CJ & EG several years ago and he said that it was in a different price range than what he was targeting so he wasn't looking to stock them

I believe the most expensive brand he carries is Cheaney. If prices are relatively similar to when I last looked, they are in the 700-900 range.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anybody else get a letter from Harry Rosen giving away $250 in store credit?

No minimum purchase required, apparently.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anybody else get a letter from Harry Rosen giving away $250 in store credit?

No minimum purchase required, apparently.

Through mail or email?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads