• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

induere_to

Reaction score
My man! Always love seeing updates from your apprenticeship.

Well, then...

IMG_3971.jpg

;)

chiggyv

Reaction score
Too baller for me but someone here might be interested:

Pair of John Lobb Lawry Chelseas in Brown Embossed Calf spotted at HR Vaughn Mills.

Size 10

$699 - 30%

Attachments

• 20210809_174001.jpg
    20210809_174001.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 118
Reaction score
I won't repost everything that Corey Hiltz recently did for me (you can check the separate thread I started).

<...>

View attachment 1628728

Slightly belatedly, wow, those are nice shoes!

I took a loved pair of Colour 8 Alden Cordovan Bluchers to the Village Cobbler in Bloor West Village (I think they closed during the pandemic) and received some sort of glued on rubber sole. No, there wasn't an explicit contract stating that I'd receive a leather sole, but that seemed obvious to me. How wrong I was! I'm also getting the wavy cordovan thing going, and haven't been able to fix them with a deer bone.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly belatedly, wow, those are nice shoes!

I took a loved pair of Colour 8 Alden Cordovan Bluchers to the Village Cobbler in Bloor West Village (I think they closed during the pandemic) and received some sort of glued on rubber sole. No, there wasn't an explicit contract stating that I'd receive a leather sole, but that seemed obvious to me. How wrong I was! I'm also getting the wavy cordovan thing going, and haven't been able to fix them with a deer bone.

I lecture about this until I am blue in the face. There are absolutely no cobblers in Toronto that can rebuild high end footwear. They have to be sent elsewhere in Canada.

Your story repeats itself amongst other members.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Just a PSA that Holt Renfrew has started their epic markdowns again.

Brioni, Tom Ford, Zegna, Canali, etc… for up to 80% off.

One of the best sales in Toronto imo.

yusufhar

Reaction score
I have noticed that the Mississauga Harry rosen outlet has rare premium men’s shoes, do you guys see more high end shoes in the Vaughan outlet?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harry doesn’t carry a lot of premium footwear to begin with, in my opinion.

With the exception of Santoni, Bontoni, and Tom Ford.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@othertravel, is it just the flagship on Bloor or all Holts? I haven't had any luck at Holts in ages.

Thanks.

All Holt's locations will have the sale, but I believe the CM stuff is limited to the Men's shop on Bloor nowadays. I didn't notice much CM stuff the last time I popped by the Yorkdale and Square One locations.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All Holt's locations will have the sale, but I believe the CM stuff is limited to the Men's shop on Bloor nowadays. I didn't notice much CM stuff the last time I popped by the Yorkdale and Square One locations.

If you have a senior SA at Holts, they can bring in sale CM items from other stores outside of Ontario. So it’s not the most seamless process

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Martin Sugg, from Thunder Bay, becomes first cobbler from Ontario to win the title for this competition:

Dan Frappier from Sudbury grabbed bronze, while Patrick Nijdam from Vancouver grabbed silver.

Why send your repairs elsewhere?

As a note, no cobbler in Toronto has ever won medal at this competition.

induere_to

Reaction score
If you have a senior SA at Holts, they can bring in sale CM items from other stores outside of Ontario. So it’s not the most seamless process

Unless things have changed since I worked at Holts, this isn’t true. Sale product can be purchased and shipped directly to you from any location. But they won’t bring anything marked down in for you even if it’s been paid for. I worked at Yorkdale, if we didn’t carry the product, we had to ask our sales managers for inventory skus to even search for a location that sells what you’re looking for because they weren’t handy to associates. I remember going to the Bloor store just to see what they had. Of course, you can always return it.

Holts actually considers sale merchandise as an eyesore that needs to be gotten rid of and not brought back in to it’s inventory. I remember thinking how bizarre it was that the stock rooms had $3,000 sweaters collecting dust on the floor. Steam it, lint roll it, and it’s ready to be sold.

Commission environments… amiright?

induere_to

Reaction score
I visited the Harry Rosen store on Bloor yesterday for the first time since before the pandemic because I was waiting for someone in the area and got to Yorkville early.

I’m curious to know what you Cuccinelli, Zegna, Loro Piana and Tom Ford fans like about their product. I heard an interview with a bespoke tailor recently talking about how if anything bought RTW lacked a label, the product loses a lot of its value. Would you consider this to be an accurate statement?

Honestly curious.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless things have changed since I worked at Holts, this isn’t true. Sale product can be purchased and shipped directly to you from any location. But they won’t bring anything marked down in for you even if it’s been paid for.

Commission environments… amiright?

Yes, that's what I meant. You can call any Holt's location over the phone and order somethings that's marked down. But getting a sale item transferred to another store is a bit harder. So it's a more laborious process to find something you're looking for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads