• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rwtc

Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on Mandarin collar shirts? I dont own one but am considering it. I guess it's kind of a party-style shirt? I'd probably wear it to a bbq or bar (lol)

It could look very nice and casual depending on the design. Wouldn't hurt to have a few

Not really. I bought an Isaia suit from fleabay and pair of (still unworn) EG from their private sale. I guess I did support local businesses by taking the suit to my tailor and the shoes to GTA Shoe Shine.

There isn't really any occasion to wear any CM clothing until I can travel.

I read somewhere that Harry Rosen is trying to train men into wearing their Brunello Cucinelli blazers at home lol..... Not sure if anyone actually does that. I do think a summer blazer could look nice with a pair of jeans if you're going out though. In your case, definitely harder for a suit and I guess you could wear the EG if they're casual enough of a style.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to HR Outlet today and found nothing interesting.

Incase anyone is wondering, the new Isaia Toronto store at 77 Yorkville Ave is going to open on September 1st now.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In your case, definitely harder for a suit and I guess you could wear the EG if they're casual enough of a style.

No they're black Chelseas in 915 last (ie: anything but casual) but thankfully I have plans to spend a few weeks doing business travels in Europe in September... if the world hasn't ended by then.

induere_to

Reaction score
Posting this one because I’m pretty excited about the progress I’ve made through this new apprenticeship.

Also writing this on my phone and can’t seem to find the dormant Custom Suiting Toronto thread amongst my 1673 open tabs…

654D1D11-5DDE-4A77-8771-C2786B0D15AF.jpeg

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think flagship stores are meant to make money (although that would be a bonus, I'm sure). Isaia has even admitted as much. It's a way to raise brand awareness.

goatamous II

Reaction score
There are plenty of custom closet companies, California Closets being the most known.

If they can't provide what you're looking for, perhaps just a project for a woodworker / carpenter? (assuming you want wood, of course)

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walked by 77 Yorkville Ave today after work and not much action there.

secureit

Reaction score
Does anyone recommend a tailor in Toronto?

Normally would go to Espinosa Master Tailor but looks like they have permanently shut down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads