• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tz2000

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with moderation suit? Can't find much about them.

KWang94

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with moderation suit? Can't find much about them.

Doesn't look like anything special. On their FAQ page, they act like having a contrasting buttonhole is some super cool feature, which really, is just tacky. I wouldn't expect much. Even the clothes on their IG look terrible.

induere_to

Reaction score
Couple things that stand out from their website:

I searched every page and could not find the word 'bespoke' anywhere. These guys may be one of the only menswear businesses in Toronto that don't call their made to measure 'bespoke'.

Also, they make everything full canvas.

Removable tuxedo lapel for $150 sounds... interesting.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple things that stand out from their website:

I searched every page and could not find the word 'bespoke' anywhere. These guys may be one of the only menswear businesses in Toronto that don't call their made to measure 'bespoke'.

Also, they make everything full canvas.

Removable tuxedo lapel for $150 sounds... interesting.
Made to measure means bespoke only in Toronto. The word bespoke can’t be taken too seriously when it comes to the SHOPS in Toronto. It is a very loose term in our sartorial city. ???

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not going to pay retail, I just wanted to try on their coats.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't walked into any clothing stores this year, save for going into Nordstrom to use their bathroom in an emergency. :hide: I also haven't even purchased any clothing or shoes this year, asides from a pair of Nikes (though a Camoshita drop from NMWA may change that).

There are pieces I still want (I may pick something up from Uncle Otis, Frances Watson or Lost & Found later in the summer) but I don't feel the need to make a purchase right now, so I haven't felt inclined to walk in if I don't have an intention to buy anything. (It doesn't hurt to minimize the risk to exposure, after all!)

I have allocated some of my clothing spending to other hobbies, but I've also upped my investment contributions with some of the money I'd otherwise spend on clothes. It's as good a time as any for me to do this, with no commute and less money spent on social activities/eating out.

Has anybody else seen their clothes spending drop?

Last edited:

chiggyv

Reaction score
I haven't walked into any clothing stores this year, save for going into Nordstrom to use their bathroom in an emergency. :hide: I also haven't even purchased any clothing or shoes this year, asides from a pair of Nikes (though a Camoshita drop from NMWA may change that).

There are pieces I still want (I may pick something up from Uncle Otis, Frances Watson or Lost & Found later in the summer) but I don't feel the need to make a purchase right now, so I haven't felt inclined to walk in if I don't have an intention to buy anything. (It doesn't hurt to minimize the risk to exposure, after all!)

I have allocated some of my clothing spending to other hobbies, but I've also upped my investment contributions with some of the money I'd otherwise spend on clothes. It's as good a time as any for me to do this, with no commute and less money spent on social activities/eating out.

I saw a huge drop in clothing purchases between March and December while I was fully WFH - in fact I sold off more than I bought in this period.

Switched to a new role in January that put me back in the office and I've probably spent everything I saved in the past year!

So I think the more interesting conversation topic is what is on everyone's buy list for SS21?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Money usually spent on work clothes (suits and dress shoes) now being spent on casual stuff for WFH (selvedge jeans and boots).

Last edited:

maebach

Reaction score
I've bought some WFH clothes (Lululemon pants) but not much else. I'd say the one thing I've noticed is how small my wardrobe has become day to day as I WFH. Most weeks I'll wear t shirts, hoodies and sweat pants, unless I have meetings in which case it's pants and a nice sweater. But 75% of my closet, including boots, socks, workout clothes, dress clothes, jackets, etc. are unused. I've probably worn 25 different articles of clothing in the past year. I also do laundry way more often because I dont care if my t shirts and WFH clothing gets ruined/shrinks. Anyone else doing the same? Puts into perspective how much clothing I actually dont need...

Shahhx

Reaction score
Ive bought three suits in the last six months so I`m sure that I am an extreme outlier. I try to reassure myself that one was the SuitSupply Outlet sale and two from the Buy and Sell section at Styleforum so really I`m just saving money !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads