• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow......one.....whole......suit?

J/K!

Although your constant scouting for deals is to be commended, you seem to have way to much time on your hands for this interest/addiction dude.

but good for you if you can always get 80% off on stuff you actually buy - I’m not a believer :)

Enjoy!

It’s less of an addiction than it is...well an addiction.

But seriously, I do enjoy going to Holts and Harry’s regularly. I genuinely appreciate CM.

The Brioni example was for illustrative purposes. I’ve gotten Canali suits for $499 from there as well. Again, common sizes.

And yes, Brioni shoes have been pretty ugly lately.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holts used to carry a lot of RL. They had Poloclassic tailoring, and the handmade purple label line. Wish they still carried it.

They also had a bonkers outlet until a few years ago. It was an ugly space, but with Tom Ford SCs at $500 CAD, I wasn’t complaining. They even carried John Lobb for a few hundred bucks.

I remember that, but never shopped at it. It was a good move to close it down actually, because they're a luxury store. If they don't want the same fate as Eaton's they have to cater to a certain demographic.

rwtc

Reaction score
Holts used to carry a lot of RL. They had Poloclassic tailoring, and the handmade purple label line. Wish they still carried it.

They also had a bonkers outlet until a few years ago. It was an ugly space, but with Tom Ford SCs at $500 CAD, I wasn’t complaining. They even carried John Lobb for a few hundred bucks.

Very nice! The only deal that was better that I recall, is of a fellow on SF who posted a receipt of going to an invite-only TF sample sale, but it got permanently axed because his frat buddy’s dad spent 6 figures on stuff at over 90% off. After that abuse, the sales ended. It was mentioned in a thread on SF years ago.

The outlet was far away from DT so I never really bothered, but glad you got some amazing deals.

themasao

Reaction score
Brief update on Tom's Place: they were unfortunately out of stock in Corneliani suits under 38R.

I did manage to find 5 Corneliani shirts in 15 3/4, which were cashed out at $60 (including a really nice causal one in white linen). There's still lots of stock in 16, but you may have to do some digging to find styles you like.

I strolled over to Sacks on 5th after to see what the Corneliani shirts were retailing for there ($350). Was good for a chuckle...

Spex

Reaction score
Tom's Place has posted an ad for an early Black Friday sale:

https://toms-place.com/special-deals/
Toms-Black-Friday-PRE-Sale-800x1783.jpg

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI they had tons of sport shirts.

That's good to know. If I find my way to Kensington in the near future, I'll see what's left during their Black Friday sale.

I can't explain why, but I've always found the term "sport shirt" to be weird. I had a few sport shirts from Spier and Mackay but I sent them all to LuxeSwap for consignment because I no longer enjoyed wearing them. My more casual, work appropriate button up shirts tend to come from mid-tier mall brands like Club Monaco or contemporary workwear brands like Engineered Garments and Monitaly.

rwtc

Reaction score
That's good to know. If I find my way to Kensington in the near future, I'll see what's left during their Black Friday sale.

I can't explain why, but I've always found the term "sport shirt" to be weird. I had a few sport shirts from Spier and Mackay but I sent them all to LuxeSwap for consignment because I no longer enjoyed wearing them. My more casual, work appropriate button up shirts tend to come from mid-tier mall brands like Club Monaco or contemporary workwear brands like Engineered Garments and Monitaly.

Check the front and back of each shirt you want to buy to make sure everything is okay, if you know what I’m saying.

rwtc

Reaction score
Well now that Toronto is going under lockdown on Monday with all non-essential retail stores closing, I guess Tom’s Place and many other retailers are going to take an even bigger hit.

Also vacation starts on Monday, so I guess I’ll be having lots of time to spend around the house...... What are you gentlemen doing to pass the time?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well now that Toronto is going under lockdown on Monday with all non-essential retail stores closing, I guess Tom’s Place and many other retailers are going to take an even bigger hit.

Also vacation starts on Monday, so I guess I’ll be having lots of time to spend around the house...... What are you gentlemen doing to pass the time?

Netflix and Amazon Prime. Bought some fiction series: The Way of the Tiger. And Fabled Lands.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Harry Rosen PSA.

Ties are currently 60% off on the website. But if you enter SD50 at checkout, it takes an additional $20 off.

But Subtotal has to be at least $100 for the code to work.

For example, you can get a Tom Ford tie at 60% off $295, which equals $117. With the code it’s $97, so 66% off.

wkt

Reaction score
Hey guys, Harry Rosen PSA.

Ties are currently 60% off on the website. But if you enter SD50 at checkout, it takes an additional $20 off.

But Subtotal has to be at least $100 for the code to work.

For example, you can get a Tom Ford tie at 60% off $295, which equals $117. With the code it’s $97, so 66% off.

are these brand name ties still worth the money even at such a deep discount?

rokor

Reaction score
It's all relative. Some people would rather shell out the extra cash for something new because of the stigma of buying secondary market clothes while others don't care or mind enough to be bothered. It's also sometimes the only way for people to afford a specific piece they want. I personally rarely buy new, but that's because I have my eye on previous season pieces(ties are an exception, most are similar enough season after season).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads