• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CutandSew

Reaction score
V Hazelton referred me to a few of the shops that do a lot of the work for them in the area. I also know of a very very good independent tailor, but he's more in the financial district. Is Yorkville / financial district okay, or does it have to be strictly west end / Mississauga?

May I ask which shops V Hazelton referred? I’m always on the lookout for good alterations tailors for more complicated work.

MichaelSpyker

Reaction score
May I ask which shops V Hazelton referred? I’m always on the lookout for good alterations tailors for more complicated work.

Ian at Tower Bespoke is independent and does an incredible job with more complex alterations. He has an Instagram (@towerbespoke) you can contact him through. There are a few mentions of him in this thread — nothing but praise.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sharing this with my Toronto brethren before anybody else:

Tom Ford outlet in Italy is having a sale. Items 70-85% off. They deduct VAT, so closer to 75-90% off.

100 euros flat shipping. Best if somebody does a group order so you can save on shipping.

Here’s the list of sale items:

Here’s their WhatsApp #:

+39 344 054 3707

Good luck!
have you ever ordered from them? Any language barrier or is communication pretty good?

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get a fedora stretched and cleaned in Toronto? The Hatter on Avenue Road has closed permanently and is selling some items on Kijiji now. Goorin Hat Shop on Queen West also seems to have been shuttered for good due to COVID-19. Can't think of anywhere else in the city to take a nice hat to be shaped up.

Chambertin

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get a fedora stretched and cleaned in Toronto? The Hatter on Avenue Road has closed permanently and is selling some items on Kijiji now. Goorin Hat Shop on Queen West also seems to have been shuttered for good due to COVID-19. Can't think of anywhere else in the city to take a nice hat to be shaped up.

You could try Leon Drexler, he makes custom hats so he can do it but am not sure if he does that for hats not made by him.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn it all. The Hatter was my one good place for casual hats - now I'll have to have them shipped.

Reaction score
The Hatter on Avenue Road has closed permanently and is selling some items on Kijiji now.

This is major news. I visited their former branch in the former Arcade (Yonge/Templeton) many times and bought several Kangol and Borsalino caps as well as a Borsalino sisal.

They had a working conformateur and a top hat cleaning service ... truly a bridge to another era. It's a sad loss.

rwtc

Reaction score
I sent the tailor referrals via PM.

On another note, does anyone know if the CBSA refunds taxes paid after returning an item?

You could try Leon Drexler, he makes custom hats so he can do it but am not sure if he does that for hats not made by him.

I contacted Leon via Instagram for bespoke but he never responded. If he doesn't bother responding to a business inquiry, then I similarly won't go out of my way to give him my business.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent the tailor referrals via PM.

On another note, does anyone know if the CBSA refunds taxes paid after returning an item?

I contacted Leon via Instagram for bespoke but he never responded. If he doesn't bother responding to a business inquiry, then I similarly won't go out of my way to give him my business.
Based on my previous experience (maybe 1.5 years ago), yes, they will refund

rwtc

Reaction score
Based on my previous experience (maybe 1.5 years ago), yes, they will refund

Thanks! By the way, I recall you mentioning something about getting interested people for Meccariello bespoke in Toronto. Are you still looking for people, or not anymore?

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! By the way, I recall you mentioning something about getting interested people for Meccariello bespoke in Toronto. Are you still looking for people, or not anymore?
Unlikely to happen. We may try to do one in NYC in the future, but it's at a very initial stage.
AM does online MTM with trial shoes. If you are interested you should consider that route...

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toronto peeps.........I'm currently in NYC and will be in Toronto starting 10/14. I offer proxy services for those who want to save money on taxes and duties on things brought to Canada from American and EU websites.

Please PM me for details.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brothers, I am going to drop off some footwear for Corey Hiltz in Barrie to repair.

Here is my review of him:

He just found out today he won 2 silvers at an international shoe repair competition in Netherlands. He is also a silver medalist at a North American competition.

He is the only GTA based cobbler to win at either competition.

As a service to this thread, I am happy to drop off and pick up repairs for anyone else who is interested. I am going anyways. No charge.

I do live in Mississauga, so you will have to come meet me (McDonalds parking lot).

Corey does require upfront payment. So every one will have to speak to him, and arrange payments. I am only doing drop off and pick up, so people can save on shipping.

Please PM me if interested. I plan on going sometime this fall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads