• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, the incompetent leadership in our own country has a more direct impact on you, but ok.

Unfortunately, we're already in this mess now because of them, so let's hope we can get through this sooner, despite all of them.

Stay healthy.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like the withholding of the masks at the border was solved. I want to apologize if I offended anyone with my don't buy U.S. product rant. It's hard to keep stay levelheaded when you realize the incompetent leadership south of the border can directly impact you. I hope you all are doing well and keeping safe.

You didn't offend anyone. You're absolutely right. We should be buying Canadian and supporting Canadian businesses. The Americans will always think "America first" and that does not depend on which monkey is at the helm. In the same way, we should always think "Canada first" and even if the cost to our pocket is a few extra bucks, we should buy and support Canadian businesses because our dollars stay circulated in the country.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is outside Toronto, but most cobblers would carry a few different brands of leather conditioner.

Fix em up shoe repair in Barrie carries Bick 4. If you want Lexol or anything else, just call ahead and ask him to make an order.

I found out that Canadian Tire carries the Lexol leather cleaner that I'm looking for, so I'll have to brave the wild and make a trip there on Monday.

I do want to use Fix Em Up or that Aurora shop for my Alden dress shoes, whose heal and (possibly) the sole are nearing the end of its life.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found out that Canadian Tire carries the Lexol leather cleaner that I'm looking for, so I'll have to brave the wild and make a trip there on Monday.

I do want to use Fix Em Up or that Aurora shop for my Alden dress shoes, whose heal and (possibly) the sole are nearing the end of its life.

I will also check out Canadian Tire for Lexol.

I wouldn't use Family Shoe Repair in Aurora. Look at what they did to another member's vintage pair of Florsheims:

That should never have left the shop.

Stick with Corey in Barrie, you can check out his work on facebook. Plus he has won an award at an international competition against other cobblers. I know that's not the be all and end all. But no cobbler in Toronto has ever won an award at these competitions. Canadian cobblers from Sudbury, Barrie, Thunder Bay, and Vancouver have won, including the grand title.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh.......if Tom Ford suits suddenly went on sale for $700 y’all would buy them up without worrying about “are these Canadian” or not

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh.......if Tom Ford suits suddenly went on sale for $700 y’all would buy them up without worrying about “are these Canadian” or not

If they were sold by a Canadian retailer, sure. I'm not saying boycott everything not made in Canada, I'm saying buy local, buy national.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
America dominates Canada in too may respects for this to even be a thing........like when Quebec wanted to leave the union thinking they can survive on their own LOL

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thought I'd put this here for the Ontario fam. Suitsupply has an outlet sale in Canada, (apparently first time in over a year). Use Passcode: BIGOUTLET
http://suitsupply.com/outlet

Thanks again. Found a couple of suits that will work nicely for me, so these were good deals, considering. Can't wait till arrival.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents.....I’ve just listed a few items in the Toronto FS thread - thanks in advance for looking!

Also, I’ll be listing a bunch of suits, including Tom Ford, Etro, and Dolce & Gabbana.....all size 38/48 R. All are gently worn and have working cuffs, trousers have enough fabric to accommodate any alterations to the waist and/or length.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again. Found a couple of suits that will work nicely for me, so these were good deals, considering. Can't wait till arrival.

Apparently, SuitSupply's outlet inventory is not accurate. Had ordered a couple of suits back on Easter weekend. (they showed as in stock). We're at April 21st now, and I've finally seen a change in the order, and a response, saying one of the suits is out of stock. So they are just refunding me. :-/ I'm sure you could be out of stock, if it takes over a week for someone to actually look at the order.

Hoping the 2nd suit comes through okay, as it was the preferred one anyway. Still will be a nice deal, if it goes through. Emphasis on "if".

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Harry’s is having a tiered sale where if you spend $1250, you get $400 off (32% off)

It applies to everything, including fragrances. Meaning, you could get up 32% off Creed, Tom Ford, etc...

does anybody want to piggy back on an order so we can hit $1250 and get the full discount?

Fragrances rarely go on sale for that much. And it even beats the US prices by a long shot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads