The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Till end of the week.

2. Bill Dlwgosh

Bill Dlwgosh Senior member

I like all the measurements on my Samuelsohn jackets except for the length. I wonder if I would I be able to go through the program you just went through and ask for a standard 44L with some additional length, or would adding length to the jacket mean I'd have to do MTM vs. MTO?

3. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior member

Arne's been gone for at least two months now. John was already in place when I went to try on - and inevitably purchase - the one Ring Jacket sportcoat that they had in my size. No clue what happened to him, however. I didn't feel compelled to ask.

And given SirReveller's recon, Corthay and Cleverley are no longer in the cards. I would've liked to handle a pair in person. The Arca is one of my three holy grails of footwear. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

4. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

How often do you guys replace your dress shirts? I'm looking at the closet and I have some that when I bought them I had to be smoking something

5. jokb

jokb Senior member

When my closet gets full or they don't fit me properly. [​IMG] I don't really have a set timeline for when I throw them out but I guess as long as it looks nice, I'll keep it. I only use woolite for doing my laundry and so far they've held up quite well.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015

6. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

I've walked past but never been in Leatherfoot in Yorkville and every time, I don't recall seeing customers in there. If they lost a valued sales associate and stock is taking it's sweet time to arrive, it's a safe bet the store ain't doing so well which is a pity.

7. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I think the only time I need to replace my dress shirts is when I have accidentally left some noticeable marks that cannot be washed away (e.g. spaghetti sauce, projectile vomiting from my toddlers, etc.)

8. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Good info! I didn't know this.

9. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Yeah, I was surprised too. But it looks like a good program. Will post a review when they come in.

10. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I guess when I looked in my closet it had a few shirts that were ugly. Sigh, what was I thinking

11. LEVOOSH

LEVOOSH Senior member

Mytailor is coming the 12 and 13 if you're looking for new shirts. I'm on my fourth order with them and their fit is excellent.

12. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Card kopped, thanks for the suggestion. Looking forward to seeing closer to 1.30 on my statement.

13. rainmaker

rainmaker Well-Known Member

I was in Get Outside recently and saw a variety of leather shoes with the brand "Palanco". They are made in Spain and are goodyear welted. Quality seemed decent for the pricepoint of $230 CAD. Pictured below are brown wingtip boots and burgundy wingtip oxfords.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Alternatively, what's my best bet at that kind of pricepoint?

Thanks![​IMG]

14. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I know they're considered 'mall brand' but honestly I really like Little Burgundy! I think their buyers do a great job finding smaller lines, they make good picks, and at the end of each season they get really really cheap. They have some of the usual basic stuff, but I always go in to find the more obscure brands and check out sale. I hate taxes and know nothing about that brand, but my first impression is they look pretty good and for goodyear welted and made in Spain seem pretty reasonable. I'd say if they were $150-175 I would for sure go grab a pair myself. At $230+13%, personally maybe that's a little high since you can get other basic lines I think for around that $300-350 mark that are better, but on sale I'll go check them out. Curious to hear if anyone knows the brand.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

15. stanchri

stanchri Senior member

I think Velasca are at that price point. They seem to be having a sale (10% off, code: EXTRASALE) until Oct 19.
    Haven't had any personal experience with them, but from the looks of it, they seem good value for blake-rapid, made in Italy, full grain shoes.
    http://www.velasca.com/en/