• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Understood, Jok.
Quote:
The Gentlemen's Expo will be taking place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on September 25-27. Because I'm currently unable to hyperlink and don't have the time to experiment with the bracket setup, here's a link to what will be going on at the convention: http://www.gentlemensexpo.com/attractions There is a bevy of gentlemanly things to do, from the looks of it. Your ticket includes drink tickets that you can use to consume alcohol samples.

Last edited:

jokb

Reaction score
There's also some cool stuff you can do. I think archery tag will be there. Friday and Saturday is only for the grown ups. Sunday you can bring the kids along.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up for any Canadians getting in on the next order of Epaulet Heirloom sweaters, I contacted Northern Watters and they said you can just size down by two from whatever size you take in the EP heirlooms to achieve the same fit. I.E. If you take a 40 in the EP heirloom then you would order a 36 from them. It's $282 CAD for a cardigan directly through them and $275 USD plus $20 for the direct shipping option. You really only save the difference in the dollar but I figured it was worth posting regardless.

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a heads up for any Canadians getting in on the next order of Epaulet sweaters, I contacted Northern Watters and they said you can just size down by two from whatever size you take in the EP heirlooms to achieve the same fit. I.E. If you take a 40 in the EP heirloom then you would order a 36 from them. It's $282 CAD for a cardigan directly through them and $275 USD plus $20 for the direct shipping option. You really only save the difference in the dollar but I figured it was worth posting regardless.

this is great post. Thanks Nik.

jokb

Reaction score
General question about shoes. does it make a difference for you if the insoles of your shoes has the retailer name? For instance, Saint Crispin's for *retailer name*. Does it add or deduct from the value of the shoes?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
General question about shoes. does it make a difference for you if the insoles of your shoes has the retailer name? For instance, Saint Crispin's for *retailer name*. Does it add or deduct from the value of the shoes?

I like it personally. Makes each one identifiable for the makeups, may add a bit of authenticity knowing "GTA Shoe Shine" carries "Vass Budapest"...
mwink[1].gif

However they will be worn off after use anyways, so not a huge deal.

For resale purposes, I don't think it adds or subtracts any value in the secondary market.

Last edited:

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would agree with everyone else, it's a neat little detail that I enjoy but it's certainly not going to be a deal breaker.

akoustas

Reaction score
I actually dislike most of what Gotstyle has to offer (strikes me mostly as expensive fast fashion) but for those interested in MTM this seems like a pretty neat offer. Never used them so can't comment much.

L-Z0kWG6USJcqSJOqeDvR5-818AHLHk6pOkobFWUR2N0G3RLhGKhFbCr4cSvdvJWCBnlwdY5ZMhADHH44N852Cw=s0-d-e1-ft

Jaackytung

Reaction score
I

I would say it adds to the coolness factor, but not particularly significant in terms of value. I've purchased two pairs of dub monks from Epaulet and The Armoury seperately, and I love them both the same, even though my Armoury ones just have the maker's name in them, whilst the Epaulet ones say they're specially made.

I think stockists who get their names put onto the inner sole would see more value on their end, as it shows a closer relationship between maker and retailer, and solidifies the notion that they are of a more reputable status in terms of credibility.

velomane

Reaction score

Just a heads up for any Canadians getting in on the next order of Epaulet Heirloom sweaters, I contacted Northern Watters and they said you can just size down by two from whatever size you take in the EP heirlooms to achieve the same fit. I.E. If you take a 40 in the EP heirloom then you would order a 36 from them. It's $282 CAD for a cardigan directly through them and $275 USD plus $20 for the direct shipping option. You really only save the difference in the dollar but I figured it was worth posting regardless.

Thanks Nik,

Which model of theirs most resembles the Heirloom, or do you just call them up and order over the phone asking for "that EP cardigan"?

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nik,

Which model of theirs most resembles the Heirloom, or do you just call them up and order over the phone asking for "that EP cardigan"?
The exact model is the VC1: http://www.nwknitwear.com/products/VC1 You may even recognize that picture from last years inclusion of the derby colour. Just for reference this is the exact email I got from Wanda at NW "Epaulet’s sweaters measures a little different, his sizes are two bigger than ours. If you have a size 38 of Epaulet’s, it’s our 34, Epaulet’s size 40 is our size 36 and so on.The VC7 measures very similar except the sleeves are a couple of inches longer." The VC7 is their other cardigan model with the slash pockets. I enquired about both the VC1 and 7. Hope this helps!

You may have to email them to see if they have any picture of sweaters fully made up in some of the less common colours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads