• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaackytung

Reaction score

Total assfucking ripoff. I would definitely dispute that; was it a shell model?

I ordered two pairs of shoes that totaled close to $1,200. I jumped on the wholecut GMTO and picked up a pair of single strap monks. Neither were shell, but being charged an extra 30% definitely does hurt, especially considering I could have just ended up with a pair of Lobb or Crispins with my money. Definitely going to look into LeatherFoot more closely from now on, at least I won't get any heart breaking surprises like this.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered two pairs of shoes that totaled close to $1,200. I jumped on the wholecut GMTO and picked up a pair of single strap monks. Neither were shell, but being charged an extra 30% definitely does hurt, especially considering I could have just ended up with a pair of Lobb or Crispins with my money. Definitely going to look into LeatherFoot more closely from now on, at least I won't get any heart breaking surprises like this.

If you want anything from Leatherfoot you better buy now before their new stock comes in and prices get jacked because of the terrible state of our currency.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hundo

Currency aside, the endless barragge of customs fee shipping nightmares has reaffirmed my aversion to shipping shoes and whatnot

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just have to start shipping to US border and making the drive. Drive over in flip flops, drive back in shiny shell :)

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving in flip flops is a bad idea. Almost hit my garage wall moving my car doing that once.

hrv123

Reaction score
Even when incurring custom's fees, my experience is that buying from overseas at worst will cost the same as what you would pay here when you factor in shipping and custom's fees which are typically 20-30% when shipping with Canada Post. If you get hit for the full amount, you're no worse off than buying at LF for instance, but if you're lucky and your package gets through, you're ahead. Plus, you have access to so much more inventory.

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For my fellow winos here: Which LCBO do you like for wine selections? I hear Summerhill has the best selection, is that true? How about Durham Region?

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im more 24 Molson Dry from Beer Store but a nice malbec is fun

Summerhill certainly has crazy selection. The rest seem mostly the same. Then again, see above.

Crossroads LCBO is open latest in the city
http://www.beerhunter.ca/

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wine is certainly my most consumed alcoholic beverage, but I'm also a craft beer fan. Bookmarked that site.

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ouch. those are some hefty fines.

Different topic, anyone here going to the Gentlemen's expo on the 25th-27th?
I doubt it, but meeting Marcus Stroman and Gregg Zaun would be a thrill! Rob Rainford also? Noice!

Last edited:

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ouch. those are some hefty fines.

Different topic, anyone here going to the Gentlemen's expo on the 25th-27th?

This slipped my mind. I wanted to go last year but was wasn't able to. I'm contemplating going this year.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For my fellow winos here: Which LCBO do you like for wine selections? I hear Summerhill has the best selection, is that true? How about Durham Region?

No idea on Durham Region.

Toronto LCBOs tend to sell out of the popular launches very, very quickly. Summerhill and Queen's Quay are great but you'll do well to search anything specific on the website since the high demand stuff might only be found at more out-of-the-way stores once you're more than a few days beyond the release date.

If you're a little more serious about finding the good stuff without hunting all over the city, you probably want to be on the Vintages mailing list. That way you can order Classics, Futures, etc. and have them shipped to your local outlet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads