• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jayess

Reaction score
How much do you guys normally pay for suit adjustments? For sleeve adjustments (shortening) I got quoted round $30-40, taking in waist from back $40-45, taking in waist from opening up the sides $50-75. Does this seem about right?

EssenceofTao

Reaction score
I paid 45 to shorten sleeves and shorten the length. Did a decent job, but it's not the cleanest place

TOstyle

Reaction score
A little late to this party, but just picked up some belts from Loding. They didn't have a huge color range selection, but good types of materials overall. Wearing it today and like it, and not super expensive.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The belts are nice and selection is great
$90+HST right?

No sales ever... :(

TOstyle

Reaction score
That's right.

I begrudgingly accept the no sales ever model. I'm actually fine with paying a good price for a fair product. Lodging tends to have good staples, so not a bad value overall.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Preeeetty good all-the-time price yes
Never a crazy find tho in there :p

Spex

Reaction score
Interesting news for Toronto shoe-holics.

I was doing my usual stroll of the PATH during a break and stumbled upon a new, small shoe store. It just opened today. It's called Woolridge Shoes and I spoke with it's founder, Ivor Woolridge. Ivor is formerly of Dack's and was a manager (I believe) at the Walking on a Cloud store on Yonge near Richmond. He was the guy that brought Loake shoes to that location and his new venture focuses mostly on Loake and will soon offer Cheaney, I believe.

The Loake 1880 models he had on offer started at $425. Great looking small shop. I'll be interested in seeing how it develops. It's in the PATH by the bank of CIBC ABMs.

TOstyle

Reaction score
Solid find! Good to know, and great there are more quality options out there.

rwtc

Reaction score
I paid 45 to shorten sleeves and shorten the length. Did a decent job, but it's not the cleanest place

At Xavier's, it is $35 in total for 1) making the sleeves shorter, 2) slimming down the shirt at the sleeve, and 3) slimming down half the shirt. It is $40 for slimming down entire shirt without alterations to the length of the sleeve. A+++++ job btw. $20 for hemming regular pants and $25 for hemming dress trousers. Slight pricier, but again, perfect every time... it gives me a piece of mind for my more expensive garments.

The belts are nice and selection is great
$90+HST right?

No sales ever...
frown.gif

Went to the Toronto Premium Outlet recently and picked up a couple more of the Brooks Brothers outlet belts for little over $40 each after tax. They stack discounts - you heard it here first, though YMMV due to the CS saying regular stores will stack too.

I have the same Brooks 346 black belt that I have accumulated at least 1000 wears (LOL) and still looks very minty, besides a slight bend, which I don't mind. Just give it a try ... It's better than any $40 belt you'll ever buy at the Bay or elsewhere. Made in Italy too.

Last edited:

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Toronto Premium Outlet BB has some good deals, tho some hate the 346 made-for-outlet brand. I think "cotton" not "supima cotton" lol. They also have non 346 regular "middle" line stuff. Good place for boxers. Clearly shoulda also looked at the belts!

J Crew outlet there too. Same deal. Cheap summer cashj shirts, chinos..

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That Toronto Premium Outlet BB has some good deals, tho some hate the 346 made-for-outlet brand. I think "cotton" not "supima cotton" lol. They also have non 346 regular "middle" line stuff. Good place for boxers. Clearly shoulda also looked at the belts!

J Crew outlet there too. Same deal. Cheap summer cashj shirts, chinos..

I picked up two pairs of chinos from the Brooks Brother's Outlet up in Halton Hills recently and they are pretty close to the ones sold down at their main line stores. I'll have to stop by there at some point in the next few weeks to look for belts.

TOstyle

Reaction score
Had a thought, I wonder if any of you Style Forum-ers went to Men's Fashion Week in Toronto. I don't usually go, since I think it was more to the fashion side of things instead of the classical suiting I like, but my guy at Thomas Henry invited me so I went. His show was pretty cool. But it was def a fashion crowd.

I don't know any of the other names that were out there, but this seems like something we in this group should care about so wondering if there is anything that would be good to check out.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had no idea it was even occurring. It would have been nice to check it out.

jokb

Reaction score
I went to a sponsor event on Tuesday last week for Toms fashion week. Earlier in the night, it was mostly clients and sponsors but closer to the end, the fashion crowd started pouring in.
Met a few fashion people and it was a good event overall. To top it off, I got to meet Ms. Universe Canada and get a pic taken with her.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads