• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm down

Also, unrelated but suitsupply Yorkville is absolute dogshit now jesus, makes me miss/appreciate the guys at the old SM store downtown even more
Please elaborate

What specifically are you referring to?

KWang94

Reaction score
Please elaborate

What specifically are you referring to?

Just overall level of customer service. I know SS often gets a bad rap for arrogant/cocky associates and I've been lucky in the sense that I've never really had that problem up until the last two times I was there. My last few experiences there have me 99.99% convinced if you're not dressed in a suit/if you look young like me, they just won't give you the time of day.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just overall level of customer service. I know SS often gets a bad rap for arrogant/cocky associates and I've been lucky in the sense that I've never really had that problem up until the last two times I was there. My last few experiences there have me 99.99% convinced if you're not dressed in a suit/if you look young like me, they just won't give you the time of day.
Still not clear on what the issue is but seems like you didn’t get a certain level of attention. Maybe ask for some assistance and things would be better? Sometimes assuming you will be catered to is the issue itself….things are different and a new generation of people are working in these retail roles

partenopean

Reaction score
Still not clear on what the issue is but seems like you didn’t get a certain level of attention. Maybe ask for some assistance and things would be better? Sometimes assuming you will be catered to is the issue itself….things are different and a new generation of people are working in these retail roles

Good afternoon.
May I ask -- do you work at Suitsupply, or perhaps even are the manager there?

A few weeks, I witnessed an incident outside the Suitsupply store, involving the store manager, a few associates, and a passer-by. The incident involved human feces and was very very disturbing to watch.

I know it was the store manager, because I took the trouble to look up and the identify the manager afterwards.

I was thinking of reporting this incident to the authorities, at the very least the Suitsupply management in Amsterdam/NYC to let them know what goes on in and around their Toronto franchise.
However, I had no photographic evidence and decided there was no point.

at the very least, it left a very sour taste in my mouth and I agreed with @KWang94 's assessment that the store is on par with Yordkdale-leve

partenopean

Reaction score
99.99% convinced if you're not dressed in a suit/if you look young like me, they just won't give you the time of day.

Given the manager is a short fat guy losing his hair, and not exactly what I would describe as pleasant-looking or handsome, I would disagree with this comment.

But the associates all seem to be Middle Eastern or East Asian, and tall and model-looking, so perhaps that's what you mean. The associates usually are imbeciles though, and know nothing about clothes, so only the uninitiated and/or other imbeciles, would seek their help.

KWang94

Reaction score
Good afternoon.
May I ask -- do you work at Suitsupply, or perhaps even are the manager there?

A few weeks, I witnessed an incident outside the Suitsupply store, involving the store manager, a few associates, and a passer-by. The incident involved human feces and was very very disturbing to watch.

I know it was the store manager, because I took the trouble to look up and the identify the manager afterwards.

I was thinking of reporting this incident to the authorities, at the very least the Suitsupply management in Amsterdam/NYC to let them know what goes on in and around their Toronto franchise.
However, I had no photographic evidence and decided there was no point.

at the very least, it left a very sour taste in my mouth and I agreed with @KWang94 's assessment that the store is on par with Yordkdale-leve

lmao bruh this did not go in the direction I expected

partenopean

Reaction score
Amber Heard was in town?

I was parking my car on Yorkville Avenue and the meter was causing problems, so I stood there and watched the whole thing.

On hindsight, that was what pissed me off the most. That they thought I was some sort of unintelligent fly on the wall, to watch that thing and either enjoy it or not be disturbed by it.

The manager clearly has no clue.

partenopean

Reaction score
I want to contrast that whole unpleasant experience, with my experience at the Church's flagship in Upper East Side, Oct 1 2010.

I was hot, sweaty, unshaven and looked like a hobo, wandering NYC lost because my phone battery was dead.
I went into the Church's store and asked for directions.

The lady working there was polite, able to help me out. Even asked where I was from, and gave me a chilled ice-cold bottle of water saying "you look really hot!"

I had no intentions to doing so initially, but I bought a pair of camel-suede Safari boots then and there at full price.

partenopean

Reaction score
You just had that one locked and loaded, ready for the prime opportunity to share your story about good customer service (12 years later)

Damn straight!!!!

She was one hot Latina....she had that Bronx Puerto Rican - New Yorker Spanglish thing going...she had that Jennifer Lopez a la early 2000s thing going....she was the PERFECT salesperson for what are -- let's face it -- yes, classical and elegant -- but also an old-school and stuffy, English brand whose client base are wealthy, traditional old men!

She knew her stuff too -- impressive for the near-total-lunacy world of traditional English lasts and how they fit!

Seriously -- she was a good human being, and will always stand out in my mind as an example of the best-of-the-best that's out there in the world of high-end, luxury retail . Which let's face it, feeds off tourists who are, a few hours later, 1000s of miles away and unable to change their mind and return!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads