• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something? It says "Printed Silk Blend Tie" but shows multiple ties in different colors and doesn't seem to specify which color you get. Is there a way of picking color?
I chatted with support about that.....the second pic on the product page will show the color you can add to your cart.

I’m tempted to buy one but cannot tell if these are NOS 4” wide joints or current line 3.25” ones. I need the current to make it worth my while.

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
I chatted with support about that.....the second pic on the product page will show the color you can add to your cart.

I’m tempted to buy one but cannot tell if these are NOS 4” wide joints or current line 3.25” ones. I need the current to make it worth my while.
They are 8cm wide.

Tz2000

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with moderation suit? Can't find much about them.

KWang94

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with moderation suit? Can't find much about them.

Doesn't look like anything special. On their FAQ page, they act like having a contrasting buttonhole is some super cool feature, which really, is just tacky. I wouldn't expect much. Even the clothes on their IG look terrible.

induere_to

Reaction score
Couple things that stand out from their website:

I searched every page and could not find the word 'bespoke' anywhere. These guys may be one of the only menswear businesses in Toronto that don't call their made to measure 'bespoke'.

Also, they make everything full canvas.

Removable tuxedo lapel for $150 sounds... interesting.

Jamesbond1

Reaction score
Couple things that stand out from their website:

I searched every page and could not find the word 'bespoke' anywhere. These guys may be one of the only menswear businesses in Toronto that don't call their made to measure 'bespoke'.

Also, they make everything full canvas.

Removable tuxedo lapel for $150 sounds... interesting.
Made to measure means bespoke only in Toronto. The word bespoke can’t be taken too seriously when it comes to the SHOPS in Toronto. It is a very loose term in our sartorial city. 🤣🤣🤣

KaleidoscopicK

Reaction score
I haven't walked into any clothing stores this year, save for going into Nordstrom to use their bathroom in an emergency. :hide: I also haven't even purchased any clothing or shoes this year, asides from a pair of Nikes (though a Camoshita drop from NMWA may change that).

There are pieces I still want (I may pick something up from Uncle Otis, Frances Watson or Lost & Found later in the summer) but I don't feel the need to make a purchase right now, so I haven't felt inclined to walk in if I don't have an intention to buy anything. (It doesn't hurt to minimize the risk to exposure, after all!)

I have allocated some of my clothing spending to other hobbies, but I've also upped my investment contributions with some of the money I'd otherwise spend on clothes. It's as good a time as any for me to do this, with no commute and less money spent on social activities/eating out.

Has anybody else seen their clothes spending drop?

Last edited:

chiggyv

Reaction score
I haven't walked into any clothing stores this year, save for going into Nordstrom to use their bathroom in an emergency. :hide: I also haven't even purchased any clothing or shoes this year, asides from a pair of Nikes (though a Camoshita drop from NMWA may change that).

There are pieces I still want (I may pick something up from Uncle Otis, Frances Watson or Lost & Found later in the summer) but I don't feel the need to make a purchase right now, so I haven't felt inclined to walk in if I don't have an intention to buy anything. (It doesn't hurt to minimize the risk to exposure, after all!)

I have allocated some of my clothing spending to other hobbies, but I've also upped my investment contributions with some of the money I'd otherwise spend on clothes. It's as good a time as any for me to do this, with no commute and less money spent on social activities/eating out.

Has anybody else seen their clothes spending drop?
I saw a huge drop in clothing purchases between March and December while I was fully WFH - in fact I sold off more than I bought in this period.

Switched to a new role in January that put me back in the office and I've probably spent everything I saved in the past year!

So I think the more interesting conversation topic is what is on everyone's buy list for SS21?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy