• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I can't guarantee my availability at this time, I can try to help in the delivery of your shoes to suitforcourt, should I find myself in downtown Toronto or North York on a weekend - I live in Mississauga and am commited to sending a pair to Fix Em Up.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brothers, I am going to drop off some footwear for Corey Hiltz in Barrie to repair.

Here is my review of him:

He just found out today he won 2 silvers at an international shoe repair competition in Netherlands. He is also a silver medalist at a North American competition.

He is the only GTA based cobbler to win at either competition.

As a service to this thread, I am happy to drop off and pick up repairs for anyone else who is interested. I am going anyways. No charge.

I do live in Mississauga, so you will have to come meet me (McDonalds parking lot).

Corey does require upfront payment. So every one will have to speak to him, and arrange payments. I am only doing drop off and pick up, so people can save on shipping.

Please PM me if interested. I plan on going sometime this fall.

this is a really nice offer. A very sincere kudos to @suitforcourt

Reaction score
Gents, any recommendations for a good cobbler in Toronto (or GTA)? Need to have toe taps installed on a couple of shoes. Thanks in advance.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, any recommendations for a good cobbler in Toronto (or GTA)? Need to have toe taps installed on a couple of shoes. Thanks in advance.

Closest are Corey Hiltz at Fix em up shoe repair in Barrie, and Pablo Hadarits at Dimar shoe repair in Guelph. Nobody in Toronto that I trust to do this work.

If you want, I can drop off and pick up your shoes for Corey in Barrie. I am going sometime this fall. PM if you're interested.

rwtc

Reaction score
PSA - Ian MacMillan (towerbespoke) is now working at The London Bespoke Club.

Reaction score
Closest are Corey Hiltz at Fix em up shoe repair in Barrie, and Pablo Hadarits at Dimar shoe repair in Guelph. Nobody in Toronto that I trust to do this work.

If you want, I can drop off and pick up your shoes for Corey in Barrie. I am going sometime this fall. PM if you're interested.

Appreciate the recommendations as well as your generous offer. I need this done rather soon so will be looking at local options.

iliamerk

Reaction score
Appreciate the recommendations as well as your generous offer. I need this done rather soon so will be looking at local options.

I know Rob’s Best Foot Forward now does Lulu toe taps, I believe $45 installed. I haven’t done them there yet myself but would be curious to hear back about your experience if you decide to go this direction. I’ve gotten some minor repair jobs completed there and have always been happy.

iliamerk

Reaction score
Rob's is horrible
I'll be honest, I probably wouldn't go to him for a full resole, but for the odd minor repair I don't really know of any better options in the city. Bay Street Shoe Repair and Nick's Shoe Repair are also not bad from what I've heard.

That said, I'm personally debating whether to take up suitforcourt's offer and sending two pairs of shoes up to Barrie for some Triumph toe taps. If you're aware of some comparable Toronto shoe repair shops I'm all ears.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I probably wouldn't go to him for a full resole, but for the odd minor repair I don't really know of any better options in the city. Bay Street Shoe Repair and Nick's Shoe Repair are also not bad from what I've heard.

That said, I'm personally debating whether to take up suitforcourt's offer and sending two pairs of shoes up to Barrie for some Triumph toe taps. If you're aware of some comparable Toronto shoe repair shops I'm all ears.

Here is a pair that Gary Coakley of Coakleys in London is working on for me: new JR sole, welt, cork, shank, toe taps, and cat paw heels.

These are Florsheim by McHale.

FB_IMG_1603322097746.jpg
FB_IMG_1603322102397.jpg
FB_IMG_1603322107729.jpg
FB_IMG_1603322112984.jpg
FB_IMG_1603322118466.jpg
FB_IMG_1603322123608.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Before I head to Barrie, I will post one more time. DM me if you want me to bring them up.

rwtc

Reaction score
Rob’s great. Have been going to him for years and never had a problem. Very nice gentleman to work with as well. Excellent turnaround price and very competitive rates. He also offers indented toe taps (the Lulu plates). Certainly does a better job than Nick’s, who did poorly on a pair of Scafora and EG....

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I purchase most of my polishes, brushes from Rob but he’s not touching my shoes for any repairs. I’ve had decent luck with nicks for a dozen toe taps, vibram etc. Rob is an excellent guy to deal with and his saphir and priced fair

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads