• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

rwtc

Reaction score
V Hazelton referred me to a few of the shops that do a lot of the work for them in the area. I also know of a very very good independent tailor, but he's more in the financial district. Is Yorkville / financial district okay, or does it have to be strictly west end / Mississauga?

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
V Hazelton referred me to a few of the shops that do a lot of the work for them in the area. I also know of a very very good independent tailor, but he's more in the financial district. Is Yorkville / financial district okay, or does it have to be strictly west end / Mississauga?
I guess it doesn't matter. I'm really looking for someone who can do mail in orders though. I know it's weird but I'm just paranoid these days.

CutandSew

Reaction score
May I ask which shops V Hazelton referred? I’m always on the lookout for good alterations tailors for more complicated work.

MichaelSpyker

Reaction score
May I ask which shops V Hazelton referred? I’m always on the lookout for good alterations tailors for more complicated work.
Ian at Tower Bespoke is independent and does an incredible job with more complex alterations. He has an Instagram (@towerbespoke) you can contact him through. There are a few mentions of him in this thread — nothing but praise.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sharing this with my Toronto brethren before anybody else:

Tom Ford outlet in Italy is having a sale. Items 70-85% off. They deduct VAT, so closer to 75-90% off.

100 euros flat shipping. Best if somebody does a group order so you can save on shipping.

Here’s the list of sale items:

Here’s their WhatsApp #:

+39 344 054 3707

Good luck!
have you ever ordered from them? Any language barrier or is communication pretty good?

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get a fedora stretched and cleaned in Toronto? The Hatter on Avenue Road has closed permanently and is selling some items on Kijiji now. Goorin Hat Shop on Queen West also seems to have been shuttered for good due to COVID-19. Can't think of anywhere else in the city to take a nice hat to be shaped up.

Chambertin

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get a fedora stretched and cleaned in Toronto? The Hatter on Avenue Road has closed permanently and is selling some items on Kijiji now. Goorin Hat Shop on Queen West also seems to have been shuttered for good due to COVID-19. Can't think of anywhere else in the city to take a nice hat to be shaped up.
You could try Leon Drexler, he makes custom hats so he can do it but am not sure if he does that for hats not made by him.

Nobilis Animus

Reaction score
Damn it all. The Hatter was my one good place for casual hats - now I'll have to have them shipped.

Reaction score
The Hatter on Avenue Road has closed permanently and is selling some items on Kijiji now.
This is major news. I visited their former branch in the former Arcade (Yonge/Templeton) many times and bought several Kangol and Borsalino caps as well as a Borsalino sisal.

They had a working conformateur and a top hat cleaning service ... truly a bridge to another era. It's a sad loss.

rwtc

Reaction score
I sent the tailor referrals via PM.

On another note, does anyone know if the CBSA refunds taxes paid after returning an item?

You could try Leon Drexler, he makes custom hats so he can do it but am not sure if he does that for hats not made by him.
I contacted Leon via Instagram for bespoke but he never responded. If he doesn't bother responding to a business inquiry, then I similarly won't go out of my way to give him my business.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent the tailor referrals via PM.

On another note, does anyone know if the CBSA refunds taxes paid after returning an item?

I contacted Leon via Instagram for bespoke but he never responded. If he doesn't bother responding to a business inquiry, then I similarly won't go out of my way to give him my business.
Based on my previous experience (maybe 1.5 years ago), yes, they will refund

rwtc

Reaction score
Based on my previous experience (maybe 1.5 years ago), yes, they will refund
Thanks! By the way, I recall you mentioning something about getting interested people for Meccariello bespoke in Toronto. Are you still looking for people, or not anymore?

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! By the way, I recall you mentioning something about getting interested people for Meccariello bespoke in Toronto. Are you still looking for people, or not anymore?
Unlikely to happen. We may try to do one in NYC in the future, but it's at a very initial stage.
AM does online MTM with trial shoes. If you are interested you should consider that route...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's