1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

From what I've been told, they have 400 different selections for white alone!

2. Chambertin

Chambertin Senior Member

I believe it. Probably twice that in shades of blue!

A dream for someone super picky, though you pay for it in their carrying cost of so many fabrics.

I bet many of the fabrics are completely unique.

3. jokb

jokb Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words Emidyl! I'm sure you're going to enjoy wearing them and seeing your reflection when you look at the toe cap.

4. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Distinguished Member

I am currently in Paris and have not set foot into a single shoe or clothing shop of any kind! Some great stuff posted but just no time!

5. Cityplace

Cityplace Senior Member

Originally Posted by emidyl [​IMG]

These are fantastic!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015

6. Spex

Spex Senior Member

FYI - lots of nice knit ties at the HR Outlet for $9.99. I would have grabbed a couple if I didn't already have so many knits.

7. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior Member

Your input is appreciated. I would not object to you chiming in on this from time to time.

The next time Eidos/Isaia does a warehouse clearance sale, I shall keep you in mind! [​IMG]

Are these Brooks Brothers' Peal & Co. line of footwear? I didn't know that they were made by them.

I've always wondered how people figured out which reputable shoe brand makes shoes for other clothing lables, like Crockett & Jones in this case, or Gaziano & Girling with Ralph Lauren. Am I missing any other brands?

I popped into Leatherfoot on Friday to see whether I fit in their remaining size 38 sport jacket in dark green plaid. (And I did! [​IMG])

I met John (or Jon, not sure how he spells his name), who is their new manager. Very friendly guy. He offered me something to drink and while I was deliberating on my decision to purchase the sport jacket, we went through some of Ring Jacket's designs on the internet.

Not sure how widespread this knowledge is, but:

- Carmina and Alden are projected to arrive in during the first week of September. (Most of us are aware of this, I believe.)
    - Corthay is projected to come in near the end of September.
    - They will be carrying George Cleverley(!). I didn't think to ask for an ETA.
    - They may carry some additional Ring Jacket in the fall, but may also switch to a different brand if they obtain additional RTW suiting.

And
    If I ever get off my behind and find somebody to take pictures, I will. (I refuse to take pictures of myself while holding my phone!)

I`ve always wondered how I`d look in a Samuesohn suit. I see them for about $600-700 at the Harry Rosen outlet.

I`m curious as to how others view Samuelsohn in comparison to other Canadian brands like Coppley and Jack Victor.

8. Bill Dlwgosh

Bill Dlwgosh Senior Member

^I Love Samuelsohn sport coats. Their construction and fabric is said to compare to Canali but they are much less expensive, probably partly on account of being domestic. It helps that their OTR 44L fits me almost spot on. I picked up my first Spring/Summer Samuelsohn SC last week for $7OO at Yorkdale during their big sale. I guess for a while Samuelsohn's cuts were very boxy but I don't see that at all in the current stuff that's out.

9. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Distinguished Member

That wasn't too bad. I still don't understand why we still have 18% duty on shoes (and clothing) made outside of North America, that incenses me. The Canadian footwear industry seems to only focus on winter, cowboy and workwear boots.

10. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Distinguished Member

Aren't we supposed to be opening up a free trade agreement with Europe? I swear I read something like that not too long ago.

11. Cityplace

Cityplace Senior Member

^^^ Agree with both sentiments. We really shouldn't have duties anymore for almost all non-domestically produced goods or in a free-trade environment...

12. rwtc

rwtc Senior Member

Isn't George Cleverley made by Crockett & Jones? You can get CJ at Brooks under the Peal & Co label; look for the square font instead of the elongated font.
    I'd be excited if they were to carry Anthony Cleverley ..

13. jokb

jokb Senior Member

Thanks for understanding @KaleidoscopicK as soon as you left, I realized my mistake. I was lucky that you were still out there.

14. emidyl

emidyl Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015

15. NickInTO

NickInTO Senior Member