• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks, if anyone would be in for Antonio Meccariello trunk show in Toronto, please voice your interest in the AM thread. @Encore just threw the idea:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Toronto brethren. Need your advice. What are your thought on the fit of this jacket?

IMG_0545.jpg

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, big Harry Rosen MTM event coming up:

Bespoke suits starting $2849.99
Samulesohn suits starting at $999.99

Event goes public January 10.

The SA at Yorkdale was completely clueless when I asked for LP fabric upgrade and they couldn't find the fabric book. Apparently nobody buys suits after 5pm on a Friday.

Is Holland & Sherry a worthwhile upgrade over Loro Piana? SA had no clue about exact cost difference either.

chiggyv

Reaction score
Any tips on where to go for denim repairs?

Ben Viapiana doesn't seem to be isn't on repair work. Messaged the Denim Doctor but haven't heard back. I believe Dutil only takes on items purchased there....any where else?

chiggyv

Reaction score
Ben fixed some of my jeans before. But it was last year.

edited: it was 2018... Happy new year!

I've had Ben do some major repair work before and he did an incredible job. I inquired with him this time around and got the sense he was politely declining this type of work. Judging from his instagram the custom denim work is keeping him busy so I can totally understand.

I've used both Sidney's and Studio Kim for denim repair in the past

Hadn't thought of Sidney's or Studio Kim. Will check out those options!!

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had Ben do some major repair work before and he did an incredible job. I inquired with him this time around and got the sense he was politely declining this type of work. Judging from his instagram the custom denim work is keeping him busy so I can totally understand.

Hadn't thought of Sidney's or Studio Kim. Will check out those options!!
Sad, I had a pair of Kiton jeans I kept wanting to bring to him...
Please share your experience on Sidney's or Studio Kim if you went there, thank you!

chiggyv

Reaction score
Sad, I had a pair of Kiton jeans I kept wanting to bring to him...
Please share your experience on Sidney's or Studio Kim if you went there, thank you!

Will do!

Since there seems to be interest I've attached the repairs I require. This is a pair of 3Sixteen+ 30BSP that has served me for 3+ years and has had the crotch repaired once. Some may suggest I should let go of them but they fit perfectly and it's a shame to see them go to waste.

Specifically, there are 2 holes (front and back) on each leg at hem, a couple areas to darn at the crotch, and repair to be made at the perimeter of the previous patch (done by Ben Viapiana).

I have heard back from Denim Doctor, who has quoted $40 total ($5 per hole, $10 to repair the patch).

I will reach out to Studio Kim and Sydney's for quotes.

Attachments

• 20200110_182045.jpg
    20200110_182045.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200110_182056.jpg
    20200110_182056.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200110_182150.jpg
    20200110_182150.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a pair of Allen Edmonds rebuilt by Rob's Best Foot Forward. Pic from member of Allen Edmonds Facebook group.

I will NEVER EVER use Rob. The stitching work is incredibly sloppy, which makes me question the work that I cannot see (e.g. corking).

If anyone had doubts about a decent cobbler IN Toronto.... well, this confirms it.

I will keep shipping my shoes out for rebuild work. This is disgraceful.
FB_IMG_1579131314183.jpg

Reaction score
Do you guys know any cobblers in DT area that can install metal toe taps? And how much are they going to charge?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads