• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for a shoe polishing store in the Mississauga area that isn’t too pricey? I have a couple Meermin’s that I’d like to clean up! Thanks

I think there’s a couple legit places dt who can do better. I think gta shoeshine is in Mississauga and do legit work.

Too bad I am at downtown or maybe I can earn some money too;)
Just did this for my friend.
F74C7534-8FDB-4424-8842-8FE62D00B24E.jpeg 0E6EC637-482F-4315-8142-FE5283EADFEE.jpeg

And these for myself.
21756D41-2DD8-4ACA-B9AE-A05EE3EFF5FC.jpeg 27A1E1F0-8539-4AF2-8FB4-79A0B55990D1.jpeg 8642D154-C88C-4CD5-A990-79FDC357F790.jpeg 83C40752-3D45-41CF-975E-DE2C47F97140.jpeg
348150AE-9A43-44F4-8C9E-C1CE41ED370B.jpeg

By the way, does anyone know who can do "city sole" (not sure if it's the right name for it) in GTA? Such as below:
@suitforcourt You maybe know someone?
BE7B08BC-0499-48AC-B31C-7450A3FBF420.jpeg 8CD898BC-E4FF-4B91-AF63-D3141877A2F0.jpeg 95B38C39-19CE-4A8B-A234-00BFFE539902.jpeg

xchen176

Reaction score
I think there’s a couple legit places dt who can do better. I think gta shoeshine is in Mississauga and do legit work.

View attachment 1290446 View attachment 1290445

And these for myself.
View attachment 1290441 View attachment 1290442 View attachment 1290443 View attachment 1290444
View attachment 1290450

By the way, does anyone know who can do "city sole" (not sure if it's the right name for it) in GTA? Such as below:
View attachment 1290447 View attachment 1290448 View attachment 1290449

I feel that shoe shine is so time-consuming.

it could take an hour to just shine one pair of mirror shine...

how long does it take for you?

EddieK

Reaction score
Great post! Didn't know Spier did a cash and carry price, will definitely keep that in mind for future purchases.

Could you elaborate on the cash and carry for S and M? @KaleidoscopicK

Some random GTA Black Friday thoughts and observations:

- Most of the SWD boutiques are doing 20-30% off. Not the best deals, but handy if you wanted something and were about to pay full price anyway, or if a brand that normally doesn't go on sale is included (i.e. 20% off Kapital at Haven, or 30% off Viberg at Blue Button Shop).

As much as I love a good discount, I've grown more accustomed to only taking a minimal discount (10-20%) to get something that I really, really want that's at risk of selling out, while buying fewer things across the board and scrutinizing my clothing purchases even harder than before. I love Antonio-era Eidos and Camoshita trousers, but because nobody in Canada stocked them, No Man Walks Alone in NYC has been getting some of my hard earned dollars.

- It's interesting to see how some boutiques are making the consumer work a little bit for their deal, or are attempting to curb back on discounts. Lost & Found is not showing the discounted price until you check out, while Frances Watson will give you 20% on non-denim products if you provide a donation item that goes to the Parkdale Community Food Bank. Meanwhile, Park & Province are only providing additional discounts to past season items.

- It looks like Spier & Mackay's 20% off includes MTM shirting and sale items, and stacks with the bundle discount. Not a bad time to go, especially if you're willing to go to Mississauga and pay cash.

- The Arc'Teryx outlet store in Toronto Premium Outlets is doing 25% off their current listed price - which is already lower than the original MSRP - unless there's a red sticker on it. This was already in place for at least two weeks ago, and staff said that the deal would be the same on Black Friday. Whether they make things for the outlet, I don't know.

The pleasant surprise was that they do have Arc'Teryx Veilance items in stock, and most of it was included in the sale: I picked up a black Veilance Monitor SL coat for close to 50% off MSRP two weeks ago, which was shocking as Veliance's black outerwear seldom goes on sale.

- While not in Canada, Pediwear is doing 20% off most shoes + free shipping if your order is over 150 pounds. I'm finally going to give Sanders a shot thanks to this sale!

You wouldn't happen to have seen any black Chelsea boots welted/blake stitched?

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1290446 View attachment 1290445

And these for myself.
View attachment 1290441 View attachment 1290442 View attachment 1290443 View attachment 1290444
View attachment 1290450

View attachment 1290447 View attachment 1290448 View attachment 1290449

When you say "city sole", you mean the rubber sole protector piece?

Alphonse at Bay Bloor Shoe Repair can do it. Same with Rob at Rob's Best Foot Forward (next to Spier Mackay).

Alex at Valentina Shoe Repair in Etobicoke is the cheapest but a hassle to get to.

I normally ship a few pairs out at the same time to my preferred cobblers in Sudbury, Barrie, Thunder Bay, London, or Vancouver.

Other guys here like Nick's Boots and shoe repair.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you say "city sole", you mean the rubber sole protector piece?

Alphonse at Bay Bloor Shoe Repair can do it. Same with Rob at Rob's Best Foot Forward (next to Spier Mackay).

Alex at Valentina Shoe Repair in Etobicoke is the cheapest but a hassle to get to.

I normally ship a few pairs out at the same time to my preferred cobblers in Sudbury, Barrie, Thunder Bay, London, or Vancouver.

Other guys here like Nick's Boots and shoe repair.
Do they have the particular outsole as I posted?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they have the particular outsole as I posted?

I don't know. You will have to ask the cobblers.

I really like the Topy brand as it's thinner in profile and light.

I also have SVIG on a few pairs which are heavier duty.

On my Wolverine 1000 Miles I have commando lug sole protectors.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some random GTA Black Friday thoughts and observations:

- Most of the SWD boutiques are doing 20-30% off. Not the best deals, but handy if you wanted something and were about to pay full price anyway, or if a brand that normally doesn't go on sale is included (i.e. 20% off Kapital at Haven, or 30% off Viberg at Blue Button Shop).

As much as I love a good discount, I've grown more accustomed to only taking a minimal discount (10-20%) to get something that I really, really want that's at risk of selling out, while buying fewer things across the board and scrutinizing my clothing purchases even harder than before. I love Antonio-era Eidos and Camoshita trousers, but because nobody in Canada stocked them, No Man Walks Alone in NYC has been getting some of my hard earned dollars.

- It's interesting to see how some boutiques are making the consumer work a little bit for their deal, or are attempting to curb back on discounts. Lost & Found is not showing the discounted price until you check out, while Frances Watson will give you 20% on non-denim products if you provide a donation item that goes to the Parkdale Community Food Bank. Meanwhile, Park & Province are only providing additional discounts to past season items.

- It looks like Spier & Mackay's 20% off includes MTM shirting and sale items, and stacks with the bundle discount. Not a bad time to go, especially if you're willing to go to Mississauga and pay cash.

- The Arc'Teryx outlet store in Toronto Premium Outlets is doing 25% off their current listed price - which is already lower than the original MSRP - unless there's a red sticker on it. This was already in place for at least two weeks ago, and staff said that the deal would be the same on Black Friday. Whether they make things for the outlet, I don't know.

The pleasant surprise was that they do have Arc'Teryx Veilance items in stock, and most of it was included in the sale: I picked up a black Veilance Monitor SL coat for close to 50% off MSRP two weeks ago, which was shocking as Veliance's black outerwear seldom goes on sale.

- While not in Canada, Pediwear is doing 20% off most shoes + free shipping if your order is over 150 pounds. I'm finally going to give Sanders a shot thanks to this sale!

Don't know if they want the cash thing to be advertised.

EddieK

Reaction score
@induere_to
I'm not sure how this works with S and M, but I had booked a M2M appointment for coming Friday and was wondering if I could come tomorrow instead? I got the day off work tomorrow and I was going to call today to reschedule but Spier is closed today.
Also, when I called in they mentioned they would honor the 10% off MTM pricing since they couldn't do any appointments for this week. Is that still a ??

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

I have been looking for a proper mid or heavy weight polo coat for a while. The ones that I came across are either too pricy or they are not my type. Can anyone recommend a wool/wool blend with patch pockets, half-belt at the back, and most importantly, turnback cuffs polo coat?

My budget is around $500, I do understand it is a good investment but a few thousands $$$ is just too much for a young professional. I already looked up on eBay and a few vintage stores but still no luck, most of them are way too big for me (I'm a size 38R).

I found that S&M has a pretty attractive double breasted coat but it don't come with turnback cuffs.

chiggyv

Reaction score
Cheapest place downtown for shoe care products? Need some saddle soap, suede cleaner, and nano spray

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads