• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EddieK

Reaction score
Is this Paul Smith Gerald Leather Chelsea worth 300CAD at Harry Rosen?

chiggyv

Reaction score

Personally, without information on construction (goodyear welted/resolvable?) and country of manufacture I'd be hesitant.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's crazy to me how much retailers in Canada will charge for Saphir products. Anywhere from 3-4x that of what it costs in Europe. Unfortunately, can't order a bunch of needed products because of nanny regulations on what can be posted from the EU.

APF_TO

Reaction score
It's crazy to me how much retailers in Canada will charge for Saphir products. Anywhere from 3-4x that of what it costs in Europe. Unfortunately, can't order a bunch of needed products because of nanny regulations on what can be posted from the EU.
Rob's Best Foot Forward next to Spier & Mackay has the best prices I've seen in the city.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob's Best Foot Forward next to Spier & Mackay has the best prices I've seen in the city.

Will have to check it out next time I'm downtown.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob's has the best price in Toronto, based on my experience.

Planning to grab a couple Saphir items from Pediwear (seems to be cheapest among UK/ EU?) and will report back on how the additional cost is like.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob's has the best price in Toronto, based on my experience.

Planning to grab a couple Saphir items from Pediwear (seems to be cheapest among UK/ EU?) and will report back on how the additional cost is like.

Pediwear and the other UK shops are great. But can't ship aerosols and certain creams or waxes.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pediwear and the other UK shops are great. But can't ship aerosols and certain creams or waxes.
hmmmm.. interesting, I just placed an order from a Germany store to buy a lot of BootBlack products, cream, wax, liquid (plish water), even some small size spray (Looks like they cannot ship 100 ml but can do 50 ml); I haven't received it yet but it does seem like it can be shipped.

EddieK

Reaction score
Toronto men
where do you go to get your suits altered?
I can't seem to find a good place. It seems many tailors don't really know what they're doing.
What I mean by this is they can do the altrations, But the end result always leaves unclean lines, bad drape, although technically more fitting.
There's a lot of good rated ones I see on google reviews but when I checked them out, wasn't too impressed.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toronto men
I can't seem to find a good place. It seems many tailors don't really know what they're doing.
What I mean by this is they can do the altrations, But the end result always leaves unclean lines, bad drape, although technically more fitting.
There's a lot of good rated ones I see on google reviews but when I checked them out, wasn't too impressed.

Searching this thread will yield many results, but anyways... I use Antonio Tailor shop in Yorkville and I'm pretty happy with the results. Some other members have posted that they are not that happy, so....

EddieK

Reaction score
Searching this thread will yield many results, but anyways... I use Antonio Tailor shop in Yorkville and I'm pretty happy with the results. Some other members have posted that they are not that happy, so....
All I need to do is slim the upper arm sleeve. Take it in by 1/4 inch but leave the lower sleeve as is.
Have you done something like that before with him?
What I'm worried about is if it'll be clean after it's done. Right now the sleeve pitch is perfect, the lines are perfect. There's no wrinkling. Drapes perfect.
It's just a bit too much material in the upper arm. I'm sure he can take it in, but how would the lines and drape look.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I need to do is slim the upper arm sleeve. Take it in by 1/4 inch but leave the lower sleeve as is.
Have you done something like that before with him?
What I'm worried about is if it'll be clean after it's done. Right now the sleeve pitch is perfect, the lines are perfect. There's no wrinkling. Drapes perfect.
It's just a bit too much material in the upper arm. I'm sure he can take it in, but how would the lines and drape look.

Never done something like that, and no idea what it involves. If it's along your way, go talk to him.
He does alterations for some of the high end shops in the area, there are always some Kiton jackets hanging on the rack, so the guy probably knows what he is doing.

KWang94

Reaction score
Toronto men

A few good options:

The Tailor and The Cleaner
- closer to TIFF Lightbox
Sebastian Espinosa - closer to Casa Loma

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics