• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what a HR SA has told me (take it with a grain of salt), He basically said there are 4 categories of Zegna. The top being Zegna Couture which is fully canvassed with a high amount of hand work, he then said the Su Misura MTM line ranked second being made in their Stabio Switzerland factory and has some hand work. The mainline Ermenegildo Zegna is also fully canvassed and is made in Italy, Switzerland but also Spain (Barcelona) and Mexico City.
Z Zegna is the fashion forward fused collection of suits that are often produced in Mexico and sometimes China as well.
With the exception of ZZegna, they're all canvassed.

Couture has way more handwork.

I'm not sure if Su Misura has more handwork. Maybe it does, since they would have to make modifications to their suit models to make it fit.

I like the mainline and couture, but not the best bang for buck (unless you really like their fits/models). For that price you could go bespoke.

Which SA were you speaking with?

BlackChiney8

Reaction score
This wasn’t recent by any means so I honestly don’t remember the SA’s name but this was just speaking generally about the lines for more clarification. This is what I was told at the time by that S.A. and I did specify that all lines are fully canvassed except for Z Zegna. I’m pretty sure that’s what jchong8 was asking as well. Just some clarification of the different Zegna lines.

borbor

Reaction score
Went to the STC trunk show today. First time doing MTO with them and was left with a great impression.

Philip's advice on restraint isnt something seen everyday.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the STC trunk show today. First time doing MTO with them and was left with a great impression.

Philip's advice on restraint isnt something seen everyday.
I went today, what did you end up with getting?

I took some photos during the trunk show
15B08EAA-4FF4-459A-92FE-FEC73C11BE49.jpeg
7F75D3AA-6ACB-40DE-8138-8FED96EC3E4A.jpeg
3BCB8B75-B33B-42C4-9FA5-EF6A860FEE27.jpeg
E24F98F3-8189-465D-A503-153C5B61C9F8.jpeg

borbor

Reaction score
Double monk, classic last on Russian calf, vibram sole and taps.
At first I wanted a personal last, but he didn't think I needed it.

We'll see when it comes in.

borbor

Reaction score
We should pick our orders up together! Monks!
I'm hoping they get there around the time of the 24 so Steven can just ship it down to Florida for me and I can wear em home.

SimModa

Reaction score
Visiting Toronto until this Friday but I will be back next week around Black Friday.

I was looking to get some winter boots, sports coat, trousers, dress shirts, and possibly winter parka.

My initial plan was to head to the Spier and Mckay outlet tomorrow and grab the some of these things. Should I wait till next week to pick up these items during Black Friday sales (assuming there are some). What other places/retailers can you all recommend?

chiggyv

Reaction score
Visiting Toronto until this Friday but I will be back next week around Black Friday.

I was looking to get some winter boots, sports coat, trousers, dress shirts, and possibly winter parka.

My initial plan was to head to the Spier and Mckay outlet tomorrow and grab the some of these things. Should I wait till next week to pick up these items during Black Friday sales (assuming there are some). What other places/retailers can you all recommend?
Spier usually runs a sale - likely either 20% off sale items or 20% site wide.

masernaut

Reaction score
@SimModa have you shopped at Spier & Mackay before? If not, it's 20% off for first time customers (which will be the same sale as Black Friday)
This is accurate. For first-time customers it's 20% off and last year Boxing Day was 20% off site-wide. But by then the stock in the most popular sizes is all gone. I have a referral code if you want one ;)

SimModa

Reaction score
@SimModa have you shopped at Spier & Mackay before? If not, it's 20% off for first time customers (which will be the same sale as Black Friday)
This is accurate. For first-time customers it's 20% off and last year Boxing Day was 20% off site-wide. But by then the stock in the most popular sizes is all gone. I have a referral code if you want one ;)
Thats good to know, I am a first time customer.

PM incoming for the referral code, thank you!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 249 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.6%
  • 31 - 40