• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m in the market for a versatile overcoat I can wear to work over a suit and day to day walking around. Ideally I don’t want to spend $1000+. Is there a store in a Toronto that would have lightly used overcoats for good value?
Spier Mackay?

What size are you?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m in the market for a versatile overcoat I can wear to work over a suit and day to day walking around. Ideally I don’t want to spend $1000+. Is there a store in a Toronto that would have lightly used overcoats for good value?
Try Harry Rosen outlet in Mississauga.

Spex

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations on suit/sportcoat hangers? I realize I should probably protect the shoulders of my nicer jackets.

APF_TO

Reaction score
Would anyone care to share their opinion on this S&M Polo Coat? In the pictures, It looks like the top right button has a wider stance but not the top left — has anyone looked at this one in person? Not really familiar with S&M outwear but saw their name pop up earlier this week for overcoats.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here we go again
the last Lipson closing sale apparently was a pseudo close since next week they're hosting a Lipson closing sale

Shirts are $50 ea if you buy 4. so price went up again

Samuelsohn blazers are back. 1 for $250, 2 for $400
10% off if you sign up to their spam

JChong8

Reaction score
This is a random question but what do you guys do in terms of storage of your sport coats and suits, and other knitwear? Do you go beyond a garment bag?

I'm asking because I had some shitty luck and just found that one of my sport coats that I haven't worn in a while had been eaten by some kind of insect (could be moths or carpet beetles). Also some wool sweaters got eaten up and have holes. My home has carpet but I am not a slob and I clean regularly. That still won't completely stop insects from getting inside and it always are the things that you don't wear regularly or have stored away for months that can be at risk.

Now I'm having some anxiety because I have some really nice pieces that are expensive. I'm considering even rubber maid tubs with sealed lids?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 74 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 144 32.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 8 1.8%