• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions where to find a pair of burgundy or dark brown longwings, or black PTBs locally? You know...the kind with a nice thick sole and substantial welt. Hoping to find pairs that are not in the Alden-price range (meaning not that expensive). Thanks.
Are you willing to buy used? If you know your size for different brands, and their lasts - you can get lucky on eBay or even thrift stores.

For LWBs, I like American or Canadian made Florsheim. Hanover is also a great brand. Vcleat.com has a list of the well made US footwear companies.

For Canadian brands, I look for Dacks, Hartt, John McHale... Any of the pairs made in Canada are extremely well made and are durable.

chiggyv

Reaction score
White satin Levi's Made and Crafter bomber for $80 at VMills Winners

Not my jam but figured someone might benefit.

Attachments

FrogTO

Reaction score
If you have not visited the pop up shop at 83 Bloor west... you are missing out on major COPING action on Kiton pants 150$, Finamore, Mattabisch shirts 100 bucks

See below my haul

Attachments

hrv123

Reaction score
Isn’t Cavour Norwegian? Norway is not in the EU so CETA would not apply.

Jamesbond1

Reaction score
I think its based on where the product is made, not where the product ships from. if you buy a italian blazer from cavour I think CETA should apply
I have paid duties for shoes manufactured in Northampton England ( Crockett & Jones) that we’re shipped from New York. DHL is always subject to duties.

Mocotolo

Reaction score
I have paid duties for shoes manufactured in Northampton England ( Crockett & Jones) that we’re shipped from New York. DHL is always subject to duties.
CETA is based on where the good was manufactured. It said so on the Government of Canada website.

As for DHL, you can ask for a refund on the duties. I did it many times. Sometime they will ask for proof of country of origin on the commercial invoice, especially when the shipper wasn't diligent with the paper work. But I always get my money back.

Spex

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Solovair shoes can be bought in the city? Also, has anyone had any experience with the brand and can speak to their quality?

iliamerk

Reaction score
If you have not visited the pop up shop at 83 Bloor west... you are missing out on major COPING action on Kiton pants 150$, Finamore, Mattabisch shirts 100 bucks

See below my haul
I was actually there a couple weeks ago and snapped a few photos. Found the shoes to be a bit trendy for my taste, didn’t have time to look at the clothes though.

Spex

Reaction score
I visited the pop up shop on the weekend. So much inventory...so little time. I may need to go back when I can properly browse the selection. The neckties mostly seemed to be Hermes style patterns and the shoes mostly around size 8. I can't remember the brands of shoes, but I wasn't familiar with them.

nqtri

Reaction score
I was actually there a couple weeks ago and snapped a few photos. Found the shoes to be a bit trendy for my taste, didn’t have time to look at the clothes though.

View attachment 1234929
View attachment 1234930
View attachment 1234931
I went there couple times, every single time I would be more inclined to stay and look around if I was not pressured by the sale people there. A lady literally followed me everywhere telling me I should get this, I should get that, or how expensive the original prices were, blah blah blah. Hated their sale tactics.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.