• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a cobbler, I have tried the remaining award winning Canadian cobbler:

His work is top notch. Was able to rebuild some vintage shoes and installed toe plates on the one pair. Once I get the shoes, I will post my own pics to show the detailed work.

heelguy

Reaction score
Heading up to Toronto with my wife late summer for 4 days. Recommendations for Indian and Thai restaurants (staying downtown)? Thanks.

Bjorling

Reaction score
Definitely Banjara (haven't been since the fire) and Lahore Tikka House.

For Thai, for sure Sukothai, the one on Parliament st. Again, haven't been in a while

Reaction score
I think these French youth from Paris have much better taste and creativity than those in Toronto, I think its more about their culture and upbringing more than anything else. I study youth culture to determine the future of nations and where to invest the next five, ten, twenty years down the road !

What would you conclude back then with this photo about the future state of the UK today ? ...LoL

View attachment 1197650

Times have changed, its nice to be different from the crowd.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, the Holt Renfrew give-away sale has begun.

A few Canali suits for $350. Tonnes of cheap SCs from Brioni, Boglioli, Canali, etc...

Lots of cheap shoes (Church's, Heschung, Brioni, etc...).

Picked up a Canali suit for $563+ tax.

WildeMan

Reaction score
The pop-up store at 83 Bloor West now has dress shirts at 75% off.

The stock is depleted from a few weeks ago (which surprised me because the prices had been high) but I picked up some Finamore shirts at 148 ea.

Staff was more friendly than before but maybe that's because I was buying, not browsing.

WM

PCee47

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find alligator straps for watches? I’m looking to replace a Camille Fournet from years ago.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anybody is driving in Toronto today: remember that you don't have to pay at parking meters, + rush hour & M-F restrictions are ignored.

Happy Canada Day, gents! Now excuse me while I go torture myself and study for my certification exam.

Rixon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of alterations are you looking to have done?

I simply needed the sides taken in a bit and add some shaping. I was able to ask John Ferrigamo to do it.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Checked out a new tailor for alterations, and he did a good job on a sport coat.

Last Minute Alterations at 90 Yorkville.

$80 + tax to square the shoulders, shorten sleeves, and take in excess fabric in the back.

He's a 4th generation tailor (family's been in the business for 100 years). Does alterations for some of the stores in Yorkville (HR, BR, etc...).

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Checked out a new tailor for alterations, and he did a good job on a sport coat.

Last Minute Alterations at 90 Yorkville.

$80 + tax to square the shoulders, shorten sleeves, and take in excess fabric in the back.

He's a 4th generation tailor (family's been in the business for 100 years). Does alterations for some of the stores in Yorkville (HR, BR, etc...).

Can he do handmade buttonholes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads