• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit off topic...

Speaking on Montreal, thinking of going to Montreal for the Moving Day long weekend, is there any fun thing during that time?

Thanks!

EDM is always happening. New City Gas usually has a show happening. Stereo is a dope club.

There's a few good menswear shops around, but taxes are higher than Ontario.

Lots of good food around Old Port and on St. Laurent towards the Plateau.

EdT

Reaction score
Since when did toronto have any sense of style?
I thought everyone has a drake haircut and every one tries too hard?

It's called Hogtown for a reason, while in Montreal we are waltzing ! ...LoL

Last edited:

pr2316

Reaction score
What kind of alterations are you looking to have done?
I’d like to ask for a current tailor in Toronto for some basic alterations, but who do you consider to be the best (of the best)?

It’s a pure vicuna jacket from Isaia, so I don’t want to bring it to the average mill. For any inquiries, I’ve toyed with selling it but it’s so soft my heart is touched every time.

Thanks in advance, everyone.
-Rixon

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Suggestions for nice cafes downtown (near Union Station but anything within a 30 min walk, let's say) where one can sit down for a little bit and write, get a good coffee and pastry?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suggestions for nice cafes downtown (near Union Station but anything within a 30 min walk, let's say) where one can sit down for a little bit and write, get a good coffee and pastry?

Are you in Toronto now, or coming soon? Bring some of those Cappelli ties!

Jaggery

Reaction score

Avenue Cafe near St. Patrick (upstairs) and Arvo in the Distillery District are both nice spaces to write for a bit. They’re about a 20 minute walk from Union Station, in different directions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
He is pretty close ! ...LoL

Its god awful to know that these young men with so much potential dress and act nothing as they truly are or could be. The infatuation with a pop culture that does not benefit them in anyways makes me wonder if its an education problem or a social problem

At least, its not as bad as Vancouver. It has to be the worst dressed city I've ever been with.

Nowhere I've traveled have I mistaken a 90% of the population for being homeless and called a "slur" for wearing a Brioni fit to measure 3 piece suit of the finest fabric. The dress etiquette in Vancouver in dire need to saving.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdT

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are you in Toronto now, or coming soon? Bring some of those Cappelli ties!

LOL...I'll be there tomorrow though things are a bit tight in my schedule. Visiting a friend who teaches at the university then getting on a train around noon. I only have two Cappelli's for sale right now. An olive green medallion in a neat raw silk I've not seen anywhere else and a green madder that works very well in the summer and has a very dry hand. They are both on the longer side. You can search my classified if interested.

EdT

Reaction score
Its god awful to know that these young men with so much potential dress and act nothing as they truly are or could be. The infatuation with a pop culture that does not benefit them in anyways makes me wonder if its an education problem or a social problem

At least, its not as bad as Vancouver. It has to be the worst dressed city I've ever been with.

Nowhere I've traveled have I mistaken a 90% of the population for being homeless and called a "slur" for wearing a Brioni fit to measure 3 piece suit of the finest fabric. The dress etiquette in Vancouver in dire need to saving.

I think these French youth from Paris have much better taste and creativity than those in Toronto, I think its more about their culture and upbringing more than anything else. I study youth culture to determine the future of nations and where to invest the next five, ten, twenty years down the road !

What would you conclude back then with this photo about the future state of the UK today ? ...LoL

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads