• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Jaggery

Reaction score
Took a glance because this thread was fresh on my mind when I was in the mall for other reasons . . . probably missed the sale shoes. The limits of impromptu reconnaissance!

Last edited:

Rixon

Reaction score
I’d like to ask for a current tailor in Toronto for some basic alterations, but who do you consider to be the best (of the best)?

It’s a pure vicuna jacket from Isaia, so I don’t want to bring it to the average mill. For any inquiries, I’ve toyed with selling it but it’s so soft my heart is touched every time.

Thanks in advance, everyone.
-Rixon

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rixon always has the best stuff.

For alterations, Xavier has a solid reputation.

KWang94

Reaction score
I’d like to ask for a current tailor in Toronto for some basic alterations, but who do you consider to be the best (of the best)?

It’s a pure vicuna jacket from Isaia, so I don’t want to bring it to the average mill. For any inquiries, I’ve toyed with selling it but it’s so soft my heart is touched every time.

-Rixon
I would recommend Sebastian. He's a little out of the way but the dude is legit. Tower Bespoke is also good.

konix

Reaction score

-Rixon
Ian (towerbespoke) gets my vote, he does great work.

chiggyv

Reaction score
Peal Co is UK made CJ or AS. Their own label is AE or equivalent, all Goodyear welted
I don't believe their line is AE any longer. They dumped AE and Alden to endorse their own Golden Fleece line which is pretty shit for the prices they're asking.

Encore

Reaction score
Interest check - would anyone be interested in below?
Checking before trying to return.

GG Cannes in Deco Last (not Deco Line)
UK8E
71D86F18-439C-4EC9-87CF-1207EE03FB68.jpeg

EG Protland
UK7.5E

iliamerk

Reaction score
Anybody have any opinion on SuitSupply shoes? They look to be fairly decent quality with Blake stitch construction. Figure they might be a good work dress shoe to add to the rotation. I see they've got some at the $319 price point and some at $479. Would love to hear some opinions and experiences, or comparisons to some other brands.

Ebichuman

Reaction score
@iliamerk
I'm not a big fan but they are passable. They look nice but are flimsy, at least the lower priced ones. After some wear, the footbed gets really compacted and feels thin so that you feel pebbles and sidewalk imperfections. Leather/suede is nice, no complains there.

I have/had a couple of shoes and chukkas from the entry line and a pair of boots from the premium line - those hold up much better. After paying full price for two pairs some years ago, I got the other two on sale which made it a good deal.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Full disclaimer, I have never seen or held a pair. BUT $319 to $479 appears to be a lot for a Blake stitched shoe. For that price you would be a less to get a pair of entry level goodyear welted shoe. I do understand there are limitations in toronto with trying on shoes, but I feel it's worth taking a risk on sizing with advice from people on thr forum.

Anybody have any opinion on SuitSupply shoes? They look to be fairly decent quality with Blake stitch construction. Figure they might be a good work dress shoe to add to the rotation. I see they've got some at the $319 price point and some at $479. Would love to hear some opinions and experiences, or comparisons to some other brands.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.