1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton which focuses on basic pieces customized to fit your body and your tastes.

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. suitforcourt

suitforcourt Distinguished Member

Ok gents, this is the parent in me chipping in: Flag on the plays.

No need to get personal. We are part of a community that is interested in the same things. We share our knowledge, tips, and passion.

Carry on.

2. Viral

Viral Distinguished Member

“Business is never personal” - EPMD (for those who know)

What exactly is the flag here? Debating about a company’s financial position because a few internet strangers didn’t get a perceived level of service is ridiculous. Or maybe par for the course in the Toronto community??

When customer service is a problem you train or replace the people - you don’t close shop.

And because Stollerys sat on a piece of land of staggering value, the land owners seems to have accepted an offer they couldn’t refuse and could care less if they became condos or not.

Bad customer service?? SMH

3. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

4. suitforcourt

5. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

Well that pic shows a lot

6. othertravel

It shows a new pair of John Lobbs for $400CAD...that says plenty to me :inlove:

Edit: It's the Heath wingtip on the 7000 last in Bordeaux. Took a very quick pic hence lack of full shots.

7. othertravel

Has anybody here been to Nord Rack yet? I'm amazed at their selection and prices.

They have Lobb, Santoni, Church's, Santoni, etc...

Mind you, 90% off their stock is Pliner, Kenneth Cole, CK, etc... but the high-end stuff is crazy cheap.

They had an awesome pair of Lobb heavy-duty boots in 6uk for $999, and some nice Lobb derby's in larger sizes for $699.

Church's in small and large sizes as well in the $2-300 range. Calf, not binder.

8. suitforcourt

I saw those Lobb pairs, but not my size.

9. othertravel

I'm not sure how often they replenish their stock. But they had a pair of Church's cowde (?) double monks in 9F. Somebody put them in the size 7 section. Thought that might interest you.

10. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior Member

My thoughts on salespeople at luxury department stores:

• It's fair to say that most of them do not have the product knowledge in the CM realm. Granted, most customers don't know - let alone care - if something is canvassed, or if a dress shoe is Goodyear welted. Good salespeople who know their stuff and/or can gauge fit do exist: you just need to find them. (Sounds easy, I know.)

Granted, they're not always given that info. Reps may receive product info from company reps during morning training sessions but even then, you may not get the info you need without asking directly.

• The full commission pay structure can lead to the pushiness that we're (unfortunately) accustomed to. I feel that this kind of behaviour would be less prevalent if compensation was more closely tied to hitting team/store goals/partial commission while having some sort of hourly pay.

PSA for those who wear half sizes: don't bother if you're looking for John Lobbs at Nordstrom Rack, especially if you're smaller footed like myself. MAYBE they did in the average sizes (I can't recall) but definitely not if you're under 8 US.

11. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

You had time for a sole pic and not time for a shoe pic. :paranoia: GTFO

12. othertravel

I was rushing out. Here's a pic next to some beat up Cheaneys that have seen better days:

[​IMG]

13. SoChu

SoChu Member

I got the same pair for the same price in Calgary a few days ago!

14. othertravel

Do you know what colour it is? I thought it was bordeaux, but now not so sure. Want to get the matching cream since it has some scuffs.

15. SoChu

SoChu Member

I was searching around the forum and that's the same conclusion I came to. Can't seem to link a post on mobile but someone bought a bordeaux pair from Nordstrom in 2017.