• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

akoustas

Reaction score
@jok GTA shoe shines handiwork. Fantastic job, my beaters were all but dead.

jokb

Reaction score

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's nice to see other people from the GTA on Styleforum. Consider this thread subscribed!

I'm not sure if people are aware of this, but Harry Rosen's "Private Sale" started yesterday, lasting until Wednesday June 3rd. I got a postcard from them earlier this week.

- Up to 40% off on suits, sport jackets and dress trousers
- A second suit or sports jacket/trouser combination is an extra 15% off
- 20% off regular priced dress shirts and ties when a suit or sports jacket/trouser combo is purchased

Not sure how the prices will fare, but judging from prior sales most things will likely be 20-30% off.

mister_nostyle

Reaction score

Also, if the item you wanted is wrong / has a defect. Good luck trying to recoup the cost you had initially paid for duties and taxes.

If you do have to return something due to a defect, you can get the duties and taxes back by filing a Form B2G with the CBSA.

jokb

Reaction score
If you do have to return something due to a defect, you can get the duties and taxes back by filing a Form B2G with the CBSA.

That is correct. I'm just saying that there are headaches /extra when dealing with this.

Bill Dlwgosh

Reaction score
Grabbed my 2nd pair of Vass from jokb this weekend. These shoes deserve a better pic which I'll do when I have the occasion. Gonna try to not buy a pair of Vass this week. :)

edit: better pics

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Jok came by on Friday with a few pair of the Vass for me to take a look at, and all I can say is they are FANTASTIC shoes. Very rich leather and beautiful construction. You can really see the difference of a quality shoe when you handle them in person.

TOstyle

Reaction score

Grabbed my 2nd pair of Vass from jokb this weekend. These shoes deserve a better pic which I'll do when I have the occasion. Gonna try to not buy a pair of Vass this week. :) edit: better pics
What was the price point on these guys? And did they come with the shoe trees?

TOstyle

Reaction score

jokb

Reaction score
Excellent shoes Bill!

@TOstyle , yep, all shoes comes with lasted shoe trees.

jokb

Reaction score
Hey JokB,

Do any of your Vass models accomodate a low instep?

If you're looking for a low instep, the U last would be your best choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads