• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KWang94

Reaction score
I used to get my stuff done there as well, but last couple of times I went, Antonio wasn't there and I'm not sure if he is coming back. I last went toward the end of summer-fall. Someone else was working there, not sure if his name was James. He was Middle-Eastern, not sure if that's the same guy you're referring to. I noticed that one of the old seamstresses was there. The work was done well, but the jacket was fitted too aggressively for my taste. Antonio previously would alter with some drape at my request, but this new guy preferred a tight fit. The prices also seemed higher. If you happen to know what happened to Antonio, I'd love to know. He was the best tailor in the area I've dealt with and it would be a shame if he wasn't doing it any more.

On a side note, anyone know what's going on with Francesco Sr. now that Leatherfoot seems to have closed down? Is he still working? If so, have his prices returned to at least semi-reasonability? Wouldn't mind giving him a shot, but not at all interested in the crazy prices LF was charging.

Pretty sure he's still there. I was talking to my friend and word of mouth was that the old LF owner was skimping him on his paycheque. The prices are probably still ridiculous. I really want to try him - as he is probably the best bespoke tailor in Toronto - but I can't justify that much money on bespoke.

Besides him, I think the bespoke market in this city is pretty bad

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hermes Sale: Men's line isn't too long, maybe 1 1/2 hour wait now... Women's is crazy long, probably closer to 4-5 hours wait. They keep restocking/pulling stuff out so you might get lucky; everything's 50% off their online price. Some items don't have much stock, so once it's gone its gone.

Ties: $120 (lots of printed ones)
Pocket square: $120 (very few in general)
Belt Buckles: ~$250 (most of the "H" buckles are gone)
Leather Belt: ~$200/$250 (limited sizing)
Damn! Wish I could have made it lol would have loved a H buckle at that price

Chambertin

Reaction score
Hermes Sale: Men's line isn't too long, maybe 1 1/2 hour wait now... Women's is crazy long, probably closer to 4-5 hours wait. They keep restocking/pulling stuff out so you might get lucky; everything's 50% off their online price. Some items don't have much stock, so once it's gone its gone.

Ties: $120 (lots of printed ones)
Pocket square: $120 (very few in general)
Belt Buckles: ~$250 (most of the "H" buckles are gone)
Leather Belt: ~$200/$250 (limited sizing)

No idea the lineups were that long. Good to know, thanks for the report!

stylemeup

Reaction score
the only one who can really explain what's going on is your boy Antonio - have you asked him??

No, I haven't asked him - because I have no means by which to contact him since he isn't present at his [apparently former] place of business. I'm a long-time customer of his, but not his personal friend. I figured someone on this forum might know more, but perhaps that is not so.

Because there is no favorable consensus about the new guy who is there now, I'll have to find a different tailor. Based on what I've read so far, it seems like Xavier may be the best man now. Is that correct? Should I also consider anyone else besides Xavier?

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
Hey, where do you guys get white undershirt? In the past, I just get CK 4packs at Costco. Do you guys think that's acceptable or you have better alternatives?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, where do you guys get white undershirt? In the past, I just get CK 4packs at Costco. Do you guys think that's acceptable or you have better alternatives?

I buy whatever is on sale at Winners. CK, Tommy, Jockey....

chiggyv

Reaction score
I must have overlooked this - my seller included an invoice in the package, can I still change the shipping value?

You won't get the opportunity as they will take the value from the invoice.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a lot of Merona tees when Target went out of business in Canada. Some "regular", some v-neck. $4-6 a shirt between them being 40-60% off.

But to answer your question, try Uniqlo, whatever you can find at Winners, or Costco/Kirkland. I imagine CK being fine. I mean, you're using it as an undershirt after all.

If this was for tees to wear out, then my answer would be different.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads