1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Distinguished Member

Or just speak/type normally.

2. jl9377

jl9377 Well-Known Member

Anyone in the industry knew they were closing. They had already closed all their accounts, stopped receiving product, handed customers over to other B&M in the city. They had dropped their prices on products yet to release (i.e. Fear of God) So the sales they've been having were to get rid of all merch. They wanted to sell so someone could continue but no suitors.

3. jl9377

jl9377 Well-Known Member

Royal De Versailles received the GMT-2 Batman, First come first serve.......easy to interpret if you're into watches

4. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

I don’t know much about watches. Why is this model special?

5. jl9377

jl9377 Well-Known Member

Sparknotes: GMT-2 is a sought after style, even more so with the BLNR colourway. Should keep value over time, if not increase with Rolex announcing cutbacks on production.

6. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

Yeah, but none of us here are “in the industry,” so try not to make it sound like your information is some kind of obvious commodity we are all overlooking.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018

7. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior Member

This is why I barely post, you felt the need to reply to something that you had absolutely no interest in, but still wanted to criticize. If you can't Google or it's not relevant don't bother getting snarky or even replying.

I am freely giving everyone here a heads up but didn't want to make it too easy for speculators or scalpers to buy up stock. Guess I'll never do that again.

8. othertravel

OK everybody, call off the dogs. It’s not worth fighting over Rolexs’. After all, who among us has not used acronyms to describe high-end watches?

But let’s argue Pateks’ Instead.

9. othertravel

How much is the Batman model? And why is it called Batman? Serious question.

10. araziza

araziza Senior Member

Batman just refers to the color. The bezel is blue and black. The MSRP is roughly around 14K

11. Cityplace

Cityplace Senior Member

Anyone have any good experiences with local tailors for altering knitwear?

Most of my knitwear that fits me has been designed for old-pot bellied dudes, and fits me in the shoulders but could be double wrapped at the waist.

12. snootycricket

snootycricket New Member

On a similar note, I'm looking for a solid tailor who can do alterations on some suits. I was given a few suits and other items that are close, but need to be adjusted. If someone could point me to someone maybe independent that could do that, happy to give smaller guys my business. Open to mostly West GTA, willing to go to most areas of Toronto if they are worth it.

13. towerbespoke

towerbespoke Well-Known Member

Hi Cricket,

I'm an independent tailor. Send me an email at [email protected] and we'll see if we can work something out !

14. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

Double wrapped sounds like your not going to come up with a desirable or cost effective solution.

Would require some huge darts, or side seam alterations, totoally changing the shape of it.

I’d start over with new merch.

15. towerbespoke

towerbespoke Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I agree that the knitwear is unsalvageable. I was throwing my hat into the ring for the suit alterations