1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. suitforcourt

suitforcourt Distinguished Member

I just looked at the BB Canada website. Additional 25% discount will be applied when you checkout.

2. BudFox92

BudFox92 Member

Just reiterating what I was told by Bruno in the store. I don't think there is a BB Canada website

3. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

So what sale is happening at BB? Is it a Corp discount day?

4. BudFox92

BudFox92 Member

Seemed to be -25% storewide. There is a section of AEs on sale. I've only ever dealt with Bruno and have gotten the corp discount without any issues

5. suitforcourt

6. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

Can anyone share what the prices are after the application of the additional 25% off?

I also definitely wouldn’t classify AE as beater shoes. They’re my main work shoes, I have four pairs. Wish I was in a position to consider $300-400 pair of shoes beater shoes. Real one pecenters here.

7. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

Well, AE are my beater shoes, but I only buy them heavily discounted (eBay, outlet, etc...).

8. chiggyv

chiggyv Well-Known Member

This.

I would consider purchasing from eBay. AEs are so redundant on there with a little patience you can grab a pair for $100-150.

Also note that the BB models fit differently to mainline due to the Poron insole. Quality is identical to mainline.

9. CloudLi

CloudLi Senior Member

It is unnecessary to discuss whether AEs are beaters or not. It may lead to unhealthy argument like comparing incomes. But yeah, if you shop sales, AEs usually cost less than $150 and Carmina or C&J even Vass is at 300-400 range

10. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

The next time any of you see AE for $150 CAD and Vass for $350 CAD hit me up!

11. suitforcourt

Where can I get new CJ for 3-400?

12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Distinguished Member

Agreed. Do it for the gram bruh!

I kid. AE are good quality shoes and I have 6 pairs, but aesthetically they're not for me anymore

13. Gingham Check10

Gingham Check10 Member

I think the extra 25% off ended today as part of the accessories sale for Valentine's Day. So the Allen Edmonds are marked down to $385 at the RBC location and with the extra 25% they were priced at $288.75.

14. djdanniedee

djdanniedee Well-Known Member

Without turning this into a sh!tshow argument like the AM thread. I can see both sides of the arguments tho I would personally view AEs as more of a quality beater. Compared to mall brands, they are way and above better, no comparison there at all, GYW vs glued. I think where people view them as beaters is when compared to brands at similiar or just slightly more expensive (eg Carmina, Meermin, CS, Cheaney), AEs can be quite underwhelming. The finishing, sleekiness of last (personal preference), design, sole finishing (closed channel, slim waist, slight fiddlebacks) are definitely at a higher level compared to AE. The price of AE has been constantly raising, yet the QC issues still seems to be prevalent (to be fair tho, people will make an effort to write about a bad experience compared to good). AE seconds, and ebay/grailed i would say are amazing deals for like new or even new AEs, but at full price i think there are better value for your money. If one is willing to pay a couple hundred more than AEs, i would say Vass and Enzo Bonafe are even better than all the brands i've listed above. I'm not a baller by any means, i've just been saving my hard earned money and i splurge when i've saved enough, well made leather shoes are definitely an expensive and addictive hobby. I have shoes/boots from each of the above mentioned brands so this is from my personal experience.

15. flipstah

flipstah Senior Member

BB site has good stuff for 25% off.