• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AlfieEffie

Reaction score
I arrived right when they brought out the new racks. Found a great SC in 37R that was 100% cashmere. Didn't pick it up though but did get a Samuelson 1923 that, interestingly, says it's 100% wool but doesn't say if its 120s or 130s. Anybody have any idea why that is? Also, can anybody say what the 1923 collection is about relative to the others? It's not fit, because the different fits go across the different collections.

I also didn't see many SC's with the fabric mills labeled inside the jacket in the smaller sizes. Most just said woven in Italy. Again, anybody know where these fabrics likely come from?

It's really too bad they decided to increase prices as the sale went on.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it 1923 black label? If it’s that, then it’s partially handmade with premium fabrics. It was made for one year only to celebrate their 90 year anniversary.

But if it’s 1923 beige/white, then it’s likely just regular samuelsohn.

AlfieEffie

Reaction score
It's just a regular beige label. What kind of fabrics does the regular Samuelsohn use? It's a nice cloth, either way.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cloth is great either way and likely from a well known mill. The black label just used extra expensive cloth.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah crap. Been busy with papers in the last week that I missed my post here. Guessing the sale ended by reading the posts here. @othertravel thanks for the Harry Rosen outlet sale tip. Sadly, I won't be in Toronto that weekend - heading back to Ottawa for family time. Would loved to have checked the sale out there as the outlet always has good stuff in my size!

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by the outlet and some good deals to be had with the kicker:

- Casual trousers at a good price (got brax cords for $50. Harry's sells them for $245 on the website - 80% off!)
- Some T Mason fabric shirts by Tilford for $37.50
- SCs as low as $225
- Ties at decent SF/ebay level pricing (e.g. Zegna/Canali ties for $67.50 + tax).

Shoes were the real gamble:
- TF suede chukka for $299 ( http://www.neimanmarcus.com/en-ca/T...e-Chukka-Boot-Dark-Brown/prod180850059/p.prod )
- Church's and Tods for the same price.
- And that LP boot I mentioned above is $750 (and it's lined with cashmere)
- Mainline Zegna boots for a good price too.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by the outlet and some good deals to be had with the kicker:

- Casual trousers at a good price (got brax cords for $50. Harry's sells them for $245 on the website - 80% off!)
- Some T Mason fabric shirts by Tilford for $37.50
- SCs as low as $225
- Ties at decent SF/ebay level pricing (e.g. Zegna/Canali ties for $67.50 + tax).

Shoes were the real gamble:
- TF suede chukka for $299 ( http://www.neimanmarcus.com/en-ca/T...e-Chukka-Boot-Dark-Brown/prod180850059/p.prod )
- Church's and Tods for the same price.
- And that LP boot I mentioned above is $750 (and it's lined with cashmere)
- Mainline Zegna boots for a good price too.

I'm trying to be good and not spend more money on clothes.....

rainmaker

Reaction score
Longshot, but anyone willing to let me try on their 9UK to 10UK Meermins? 8.5UK Meermin Hiro didn't fit for me (I'm a 9.5E in Allen Edmonds' 5 last, although I can wear 9E as well (toes a bit squished). The 97 (MacNeil) is a decent fit with thicker socks in 10D, a touch long.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads