• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CloudLi

Reaction score
For BlackWatch sample sale, lots of ties left, not many PS, only a few silk/wool summer scarf, Smedley sweaters were not as many as last year, no v-neck or cardigan (which I really wanted), some leather jacket for $400 - $500. I heard some people took all the good stuff first thing in the morning. If you looking for ties, check it out. Not many other good things left

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For BlackWatch sample sale, lots of ties left, not many PS, only a few silk/wool summer scarf, Smedley sweaters were not as many as last year, no v-neck or cardigan (which I really wanted), some leather jacket for $400 - $500. I heard some people took all the good stuff first thing in the morning. If you looking for ties, check it out. Not many other good things left

Thanks for the heads up.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to the sample sale today. If anybody wants ties, but can't make it, let me know and I'll proxy for free.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the update. Will probably give it a miss then since I would have been after winter scarves and Smedleys.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Samuelsohn sale and some good pieces left.

There were sizes 40R to 48 (or so).

Some fits are very slim, so could work for 38R.

I picked up 2 pieces at $99 each, including an MTO (not MTM) for Arnold Silverstone, the president of the company (Zegna flannel fabric with blue green checks). We happen to wear the same size.

Best deal was the white dinner jackets with shawl lapels for only $99. Beautiful piece (and recent) but I stuck with soft shoulder models.

There are some Large/Tall pieces as well as regular, but not too many.

It’s in the middle of nowhere, but if you need SCs, check it out.

I’ll post pics of my haul later.
What models did you find were slimmer? I found one in a "Mario" I really liked

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it was the Bryan cut that was slim. I didn't see 'Mario', and I only saw one phineas cole piece (a solid navy in 40R).

How many Phineas piece did you see?

I'm surprised you didn't pick up a dinner jacket!

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lipson Sale
They just sent an email saying they got a restock of Samuelsohn coats

Unsure how to interpret this for one reason: Original sale announcement had no mention of the sports coats. Wondering if they're just saying "in addition to our announcement about shirts, guess what!"

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lipson Sale
They just sent an email saying they got a restock of Samuelsohn coats

Unsure how to interpret this for one reason: Original sale announcement had no mention of the sports coats. Wondering if they're just saying "in addition to our announcement about shirts, guess what!"

Anybody going to call and find out?

Jaggery

Reaction score
Quickly checked out the jackets at the Lipson sale just before closing. Didn't ask if there had been a restock. Nice mix of regular, short, and long sizes. Large selection in the 40-45 range. Lots of navy Samuelsohn Performance blazers (3% elastane, super 120s or 130s wool, looked like twill), but also some more casual and colorful fabrics. Many of the smaller size sport coats seemed to be the Gable model. If you're not into patch pockets (or just find them to have limited utility), you'll be happy to know there was a good representation with flap pockets.

Last edited:

CloudLi

Reaction score
Ok, I decided to take a look at Lipson sale. Simply take a look, did not expect any size 36. Well, regret did not go earlier. They raised their price, white label $250, green label 200, red label 100. They just brought 4 new racks when I popped in. The old racks only had 2 size 36 left, but the I found about 8 36 or 37 on the new racks (and I grouped them together, I am just such a organized person). Grabbed a Loro Piana flannel and Zegna burgundy tweed for 400 (the sales person gave me a discount as he didn't know they raised the price).

@othertravel I remember you were very familiar with Samuelsohn lines and you posted somewhere I couldn't find. Is there any quality difference for Sammy collection, 1923, Performance, for Saks?

CutandSew

Reaction score
Just left the sale. There are about 3-4 new racks added. I saw a few 36s and 38-39s. My haul: A bespoke 1923 unstructured jacket, an 80+% cashmere collection jacket (Gable) and a slim 1923 Loro Piana summer fabric jacket (Bristol). Will post pics later.

Last edited:

CutandSew

Reaction score
Ok, I decided to take a look at Lipson sale. Simply take a look, did not expect any size 36. Well, regret did not go earlier. They raised their price, white label $250, green label 200, red label 100. They just brought 4 new racks when I popped in. The old racks only had 2 size 36 left, but the I found about 8 36 or 37 on the new racks (and I grouped them together, I am just such a organized person). Grabbed a Loro Piana flannel and Zegna burgundy tweed for 400 (the sales person gave me a discount as he didn't know they raised the price).

@othertravel I remember you were very familiar with Samuelsohn lines and you posted somewhere I couldn't find. Is there any quality difference for Sammy collection, 1923, Performance, for Saks?

I think I saw you there, CloudLi! I took one look and immediately thought that you must be a Styleforum member, lol.

Last edited:

towerbespoke

Reaction score
Silly question: this lipson sale actually sells shirts right? I've only heard reports about sport coats.
If so, can someone give me the location and the prices of shirts?

Thanks

CutandSew

Reaction score
Silly question: this lipson sale actually sells shirts right? I've only heard reports about sport coats.
If so, can someone give me the location and the prices of shirts?

Thanks

They were $60 each, 5 for $200 and maybe something in between. I don’t remember, unfortunately. They did have some nice shirts though. The stuff that caught my eye were flashier, and Etro like. Located at 190 Norseman (roughly Islington and Queensway).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads