• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a HUGE fan of Off the Cuff.

Whenever Lee bring in a serious haul i go up there and try and be one of the first through it.

I've bought amazing LV dress shoes that were BNIB for a fraction of MSRP. Also bought many Tom Ford, Brunello, Kiton, LV stuff from him.

It's always a toss up but the good stuff goes fast.

You can certainly find better deals on ebay but with Off the Cuff you have the benefit of trying the stuff on.

I bought 4 items out of that batch of TF, Brunello that came in a few weeks ago. There were and likely still are some amazing finds but i am also sure that there are a lot of guys like me out there who swoop in and get the good stuff.

I got a BNWT paid of Kiton pants that are to die for... they MSRP for $1,200+ and i got them for $300 grouped in with some other stuff. Kiton is hard to buy online, especially the pants with their weird sizing.
Out of curiosity what price did he give you on the tom ford and Brunello. He was offering me 25% off his sticker which was still too high imo

bings

Reaction score
i didnt go after any of the suits or jackets. i tried on the jackets and a 3-piece suit but even at 60%-75% off MSRP i cant justify certain TF things unless i'm specifically in the market for something like that.

Last time i was in i picked up a couple TF dress shirts for $150 each.

I also picked up a great Lardini jacket that still had the cuffs sewn shut and the button pack for around $300 or so, i cant recall exactly.

All those 38 Boglioli jackets are awesome but i need a 40. Again, a bit more than buying online but worth it in that you can try it on and know exactly what you're getting.

Last edited:

LeeAtOTC

Reaction score
I'm new here so I don't know how people here feel about Off the Cuff, but I want to share my experiences lest anyone else be allured.

Their stuff tends to be brand-named but not exceptionally high quality, you'll find a lot of fused hugo boss suits and that sort of thing.
The guys there are nice and bargaining does work, if you know what you're looking for go in there and look for it, otherwise they'll try to sell you all sorts of crap.

That said, I've gotten some really great stuff there for not very much money.

Hi:
You write: "Lest anyone be allured"??? And then you add that you've "gotten really great stuff for not very much money." I'm therefore not sure what your take on the store is, but the fact is for 24 years we have tried very hard to keep it as good and well-curated and reasonably priced as possible. I'd like to set straight a couple of things: For six months, we have stopped taking in Hugo Boss, and while you may find remaining Boss there, it's handy for someone on a budget who cannot afford Tom Ford, Kiton or Attolini, and other such -in your words -"exceptionally high quality" brands that we also have. Timing also plays a part, and the more you come, the more you'll see, mostly to the high end, pristine or in many cases, BNWT.

The higher cost that you speak of: We simply can't compete with someone flipping their menswear on eBay, Bunz, etc for whatever the reason. Often it can be fake/older/damaged/any combo of these/etc to boot. And, you are paying for our eye for quality and the ability to try things on before you buy them.

Lastly, we do not "try to sell you all sorts of crap." This couldn't be further from the truth, and I hope you will come back and find this to be the case.

Last edited:

burgerkong

Reaction score
For all flippers/resellers/casual sellers that use eBay, be forewarned that HST/GST/PST will be charged ON SELLER FEES starting in July 1st, 2017. This stemmed from sellers who did not report their income over $30K on eBay to CRA.

So blame them, but it looks like I'll be avoiding (fe)eBay unless I'm buying.

WildeMan

Reaction score
As someone who has consigned clothing to Lee over the years, I can confirm that he has very high standards about what he will accept. And getting paid is never a problem.

WM

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody received the latest flier from the Harry Rosen outlet? I think something went out about a suits/SC promo.

LeeAtOTC

Reaction score
As someone who has consigned clothing to Lee over the years, I can confirm that he has very high standards about what he will accept. And getting paid is never a problem.

WM
Thank you! This is what I aim for, and thank you for noticing.

yusufhar

Reaction score
Can you post a pic of it?

unnamed.gif

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey quick question. Have any of you had problems with dry cleaners breaking your mother of pearl buttons? Any tips? Talking specifically about blazers. They are chipping in the machine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads