• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also don't overlook the secondary market like Grailed and B&S. The secondary market is brutal right now, lots of pieces lower then they have been in the past, and sitting there.

Only drawback is no returns, no trying on. But there is a lot of stuff that is new or barely worn for 1/2 price.

@7_rocket you're a small, correct?

https://*****************/listings/404534-Stephan-Schneider-Algae-Coat---Texture-Gray
https://*****************/listings/21666-Stephan-Schneider-Wick-Coat
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321919188284?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT - Ring Jacket Peacoat.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can you get decent non split toe shoe trees? Harry Rosen outlet only carries split toe.

In the past I have gotten mine when ordering shoes from Allen Edmonds directly for around $20 a pair.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also don't overlook the secondary market like Grailed and B&S.  The secondary market is brutal right now, lots of pieces lower then they have been in the past, and sitting there.  

Only drawback is no returns, no trying on.   But there is a lot of stuff that is new or barely worn for 1/2 price.  

@7_rocket
  you're a small, correct?  

https://*****************/listings/404534-Stephan-Schneider-Algae-Coat---Texture-Gray
https://*****************/listings/21666-Stephan-Schneider-Wick-Coat
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321919188284?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  -  Ring Jacket Peacoat.

Yes sir I am a small. First 2 links don't work

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Schneider Algae and Wick coats. 500 and 600 USD. Wick coat is a colour block stripe. Killer jacket.

I think you need to be a Grailed member

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Schneider Algae and Wick coats.  500 and 600 USD.  Wick coat is a colour block stripe.  Killer jacket. 

I think you need to be a Grailed member

Grailed links don't work on SF. They don't like each other.
Where can you get decent non split toe shoe trees? Harry Rosen outlet only carries split toe.

In the past I have gotten mine when ordering shoes from Allen Edmonds directly for around $20 a pair.

Johnston & Murphy outlet at Vaughan Mills. 2/$30, cedar, and a metal knob on them. IMO they're the best shoe tree deal in the GTA.

Last edited:

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Styleforum automatically blocks Grailed listing. Just replace the asterisks with "site name".com

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm thinking of organizing a local SF meetup again this year. Just read through the thread of the San Fran Suit Supply meetup that happened yesterday and it looked like fun and well organized. I've done around 9-10 events like this with various hobby community groups and it's always a fun time. Takes a few days to organize but it's worth it.

Posting here to get a general feel for:
1. if there's interest in a local meetup (don't say yes unless you'd actually plan to come)
2. timing, I think we need 3-4 weeks notice so i'm thinking late September some time like Thursday 29th or something. Also any preference for day of the week?
3. location, I want something central and on the subway lines, so Yorkville seems good, and I'm looking for more of an indie boutique type setting that ideally covers both SW&D and MC. The alternatives are something like King/Queen West, or Yonge/Eglinton type areas... for example the last meetup was at Nicolas. Any suggestions you guys would prefer?

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Will go scout it out, either for after event drinks or to host.

PS - the Google street view shows a couple of guys waving to the van and giving thumbsup ha

linds_15

Reaction score
has anyone had a suit or tux made from emporio uomo out in woodbridge? was recommended for a tux there but have not heard or read much about them

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a maybe. Would like to attend, depends on travel schedule. I would vote to make it post thanks giving. September is shot for me

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would probably attend the meetup. Should take a bit of vacation travel in mid October. Other then that, should be OK.

LeatherFoot

Reaction score
We would be glad to volunteer our venue to host the get together; it is always nice to meet passionate people and help foster the sense of community.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads