• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^  You had to google Under Armour, seriously?  

Yes. When I did I realized my younger son has his basketball shoes with that logo :)

You know, where and when I was growing up, there were more or less two sportsware brands. You were either Adidas guy, or Puma guy. So, since I am kind of active, when I go to buy sports stuff, I just look for Adidas. Unless I'm buying ski equipment, in which case it's Rossignol. I'm a loyal customer :)

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charvet isn't new to the market. Holts Men had them for maybe a couple years before they parted ways roughly last year.

Ahh, I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up. I'm curious as to how well it will fare this time around.

Was at 82 Bloor no more than a week ago and saw some RRL. Either way, the outlets always has some

And on top of that, I remember that out of the non-outlet stores, only the flagship carries/carried RRL.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, I'm after a rain/mac coat for the spring. Any suggestions? A coat that could dress up or down. Single or double breast, belted works

Lots of Burberry on Ebay, but I'd rather have something a bit more brand unique. Something SW&D inspired while still looking clean? Tough task I know. But there are some guys in this thread that I know can help.

Ideally $500 or less CAD. Will also consider used, on a nicer piece like a Norwegian Rain, Schneider, etc..

Thanks.

Caligari

Reaction score
Gents, I'm after a rain/mac coat for the spring. Any suggestions? A coat that could dress up or down. Single or double breast, belted works

Lots of Burberry on Ebay, but I'd rather have something a bit more brand unique. Something SW&D inspired while still looking clean? Tough task I know. But there are some guys in this thread that I know can help.

Ideally $500 or less CAD. Will also consider used, on a nicer piece like a Norwegian Rain, Schneider, etc..

Thanks.
The Wings + Horns is quite good...................

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, I'm after a rain/mac coat for the spring.  Any suggestions?  A coat that could dress up or down.  Single or double breast, belted works

Lots of Burberry on Ebay, but I'd rather have something a bit more brand unique.  Something SW&D inspired while still looking clean?   Tough task I know.   But there are some guys in this thread that I know can help.

Ideally $500 or less CAD.   Will also consider used, on a nicer piece like a Norwegian Rain, Schneider, etc.. 

Thanks.

I went with Norwegian Rain single breasted with removable Arctic liner from NMWA. You cry once..;)

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hear you! They are beautiful. I was hoping you'd reply, we have similar taste. Just not salaries
cool.gif

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I hear you!  They are beautiful.    I was hoping you'd reply,  we have similar taste.  Just not salaries :cool:

haha brother, I playing poker part time so I can afford some :fistbump:

John-Galt

Reaction score

Gents, I'm after a rain/mac coat for the spring.  Any suggestions?  A coat that could dress up or down.  Single or double breast, belted works

Lots of Burberry on Ebay, but I'd rather have something a bit more brand unique.  Something SW&D inspired while still looking clean?   Tough task I know.   But there are some guys in this thread that I know can help.

Ideally $500 or less CAD.   Will also consider used, on a nicer piece like a Norwegian Rain, Schneider, etc.. 

Thanks.

Buy some of Veilance off @Caligari. It's brand unique, clean and minimal.

If something specific, I can help get AV bellow retail

Caligari

Reaction score
Buy some of Veilance off @Caligari . It's brand unique, clean and minimal.

If something specific, I can help get AV bellow retail
Good plan! @Caligari (me) always has Veilance at great prices and brand new.

ADub

Reaction score

I went with Norwegian Rain single breasted with removable Arctic liner from NMWA. You cry once..;)

That's really nice plus the hood is super practical. Are their measurements accurate? I like the Eidos ulster coat in casentino but an IT 46 has 19.5" shoulders unless it's really a US 46. Did they ship USPS and were you assessed duties and taxes?

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's really nice plus the hood is super practical. Are their measurements accurate? I like the Eidos ulster coat in casentino but an IT 46 has 19.5" shoulders unless it's really a US 46. Did they ship USPS and were you assessed duties and taxes?

I'm between 48 and 50 in Eidos outwear and take 50 in field jacket and hunting jacket in FW weight so I can wear sport coat/thick sweater.

I went with size L in NR as per store recommendation (Greg and Kyle are great to deal with, just shoot email to customer service).

You can ask for USPS as shipping method but I get hit with both, duties and taxes almost every time. When I'm not too swamped, I ask to ship to my Niagara Falls mail box and just pay HST when bring jawns back.

Browse NMWA thread, there is some more sizing advice for NR as well as their other stuff.

Last edited:

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of shoes does Holts carry and at what prices? I have a $200 Holts gift card. All I have seen in the past though are crap Prada stuff etc.

What else would be worthwhile to use the GC on there?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What kind of shoes does Holts carry and at what prices? I have a $200 Holts gift card. All I have seen in the past though are crap Prada stuff etc.

What else would be worthwhile to use the GC on there?

Berluti, Cheaney.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads