1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Are we talking about E Zegna, not Zzegna are we?

2. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior member

I always thought the shoe section was alright, especially on the streetwear side. For those looking for quality dress shoes, it's pretty much only Corthay, Ermenegildo Zegna, the most expensive Salvatore Ferragamos and the two most expensive Prada shoes.

Regarding the last sentence: I'd say that's accurate. Because of that, I would advise those who are into high-end designer brands and wear small(er) sized clothing not to wait for sales if you want it badly enough and will regret it if you don't get it. This is especially the case with streetwear shoes. Granted, restocks sometimes happen but one shouldn't count on that.

No charcoal from what I remember. There were some different blues but I don't remember if there was anything in any shade of solid blue.

Nordstrom is my last hope for size 36S/38S Eidos OTR. Don't fail me now!

But who am I kidding, that's likely not going to happen.

Saks didn't bring in any size 36/46 suits or jackets from Isaia or Corneliani. There were one or two Ermenegildo Zegna suits in 36/46 but one of them was black.

There aren't enough of us in the 36 range for most of these stores to justify carrying them.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  3. hrv123

hrv123 Senior member

E. Zegna although they do carry Zzegna as well.

The solid navy suit that I was talking about was actually the 15mil15 fabric line.

1 person likes this.
  4. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

What is the color and size stock at the Sherway Saks on the Zegna chinos?

5. hrv123

hrv123 Senior member

Green, beige, stone.

No idea on remaining size, if any.

2 people like this.
  6. CutandSew

CutandSew Senior member

PSA: Samuelsohn for Saks is now discounted by another 15% (online only). Sports coats for as low as $340 CAD, and suits for as low as $470 CAD. I think Saks covers the duties on anything over $100 shipped to Canada, but double check the website to be sure.

1 person likes this.
  7. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

8. CutandSew

CutandSew Senior member

2 people like this.
  9. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

10. chiggyv

chiggyv Senior member

I've been considering a Spier and Mackay navy blazer so this is definitely of interest to me. Would Saks at Eaton's carry something similar to see how the fit is? I'm a 40, but with an athletic build so the term "classic fit" makes this a risk when it's final sale.

11. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

They just opened a showroom at 20 Toronto St. (5 min walk from Eaton Centre).

Edit: I have fairly broad shoulders and the contemporary fit (not the slim fit) was a better fit for me when I tried it on.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  12. chiggyv

chiggyv Senior member

My apologies. I meant somewhere to try on the Navy Blazer posted above (Samuelsohn), which is on sale at Saks.

13. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

I know there has been some mention of Sage de Cret on this thread. I have a couple Linen/cotton blazers in M, L, and XL is anyone is interested (check Toronto for Sale Thread)

14. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

Stopped by the Spier & Mackay shop on 20 Toronto Street yesterday. Really nice space with a ton of selection! Ran into Rick while I was there and it looks like they're set for big things.

Picked up a shirt but will definitely be going back. Surprised that off the rack the quality and fit was as good as some of the custom made items I had made down the street for 4 times the price....Definitely my go to RTW shop downtown now (and thinking about MTM as well!)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. chiggyv

chiggyv Senior member

Just a heads up that the Eaton's Center J. Crew has the Crosby Legacy Blazer in 40R (and possibly other sizes) for ~$180 taxes in. I bought the 38R but may be returning it, in case anyone is interested.

EDIT: This is down from the regular price of $5xx

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  16. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Stopped by Saks today and it looks like some items dropped to over 75% over.

Standouts include an Isaia suit in a plaid pattern (only saw a large size) for just over $1K, Zegna ties for about $65 + tax, and a really crazy pair of RLPL dressy cargo trousers marked down from $700 to just over $100 (it's the rebranded RLPL, but still a cool looking trouser).

Picking up a pair of casual Zegna trousers for just over $100.

17. Valkres

Valkres Active Member

Did you happen to check the samuelsohn/saks inhouse prices? Someone here mentioned they were on sale, but I'm owndering if they'll drop further.

18. CutandSew

CutandSew Senior member

I swung by the downtown Saks around 2 PM, but didn't really find anything noteworthy and the tailored clothing stock in size 38 or 40 was fairly slim. The rebranded RLBL sale stuff was still at 70% off (which is pretty darn good to be honest), and most of the other items didn't really seem to be discounted all that much further, however most of it could have sold earlier in the morning when the store opened.

19. CutandSew

CutandSew Senior member

The Samuelsohn for Saks stuff was only on sale online. In all honesty, I didn't see any Samuelsohn tailored pieces at the downtown Saks store.

20. Valkres

Valkres Active Member

That's disappointing. But thanks for the info. how much are the RLPL suits after the 70% off?