• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CutandSew

Reaction score

Dropped by RBC BB. Looks like the 20% extra on BBBF is over. Without it I'm not sure I can justify yet another OCBD.

I purchased two BB2 OCBD shirts on Monday and was given the extra 20% discount by 'Vito', I think his name was. I'm not sure if he was allowed to do so, but thankfully he did anyway because according to him, they want to "get rid of everything as soon as possible". I think there will be more drops in the future.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a pair of the brown double monks in 8.5D. They don't want to sell it because it has some discolouration from being out in the light.

Somebody should try to buy it on heavy discount and polish it up.

jokb

Reaction score
They have a pair of the brown double monks in 8.5D. They don't want to sell it because it has some discolouration from being out in the light.

Somebody should try to buy it on heavy discount and polish it up.
If it was in my size, I'l snag it.. don't mind doing a small project for myself.

Deoraby

Reaction score
I think so....is this visible?
yes i don't really get it...the other two pairs of Barneys C&JS i have are Hallams and Lowndes and they are the same as you would buy in the UK...but these bucks are called 'Suffolks' and don't appear to exist in the C&J catalogue...i wonder if they farm some of their Barney's stuff out?

akoustas

Reaction score
Possibly. Could be a way of Barney's getting around import duties. Get an 80% C&J shoe made with just enough US content to call in "Made in USA" and get around the duties. Make money on the added margin. Oddly enough they do it with some Mercedes vans: make them in Germany, dismantle them, ship them, re-assemble in US, voila Made in USA!

FrogTO

Reaction score
What's a good cleaner in the 20$ range for suits?

50$ at creeds seems a little on the expensive side for a beater suit

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Where does everyone buy their socks? My sock game is weak. I'm looking for well made, comfortable, conservative business dress socks.

Last edited:

John-Galt

Reaction score
Invest in a pair of Falke socks. Nice german made, moisture wicking socks. I get mine from Gravitypope or MP.

A good casual alternative would be Lululemon. Durable, and great articulation.

Spex

Reaction score

Do you know roughly what prices and what sort of selection (sizes, colours, materials) ? 

I've purchased several pairs of Marcoliani's there, but most were mid calf and cotton. I did manage to score some usable colours though, such as wine, royal blue and black/grey stripe. Price was about $12-14.

Chambertin

Reaction score
Where does everyone buy their socks? My sock game is weak. I'm looking for well made, comfortable, conservative business dress socks.

I get mine from Soxfords. They're whimsical, I really enjoy them. They have been holding up well.

stanchri

Reaction score
^^^ Stock turns over - you just have to go and see. I always check the sock options when I visit and almost always come out with a pair or two - usually OTC Pantherella.

How do the Pantherella socks hold up to wear? I just received an order I placed a while ago for OTC wool socks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads