1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. tricky

tricky Senior member

Absolutely I returned my 10.5 too. Fit smaller than my 403s.

2. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Checked out the outlet again.

Drake's for Fred Perry polo shirts at $29.99.

Great price.

3. jl9377

jl9377 Active Member

Harry Outlet? Sauga or Vaughn?

4. othertravel

5. NickInTO

NickInTO Senior member

If anyone from downtown heads to the Mississauga outlet and buys some of those Drake's/Fred Perry polos, I'd probably buy a couple of size small's for $45-$50.

6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Little bit of a late pass but Rooneyshop.com (Montreal) has 25% off for Memorial Day.

7. othertravel

Also forgot to mention that the outlet has RL madras shirts marked down to $29.99 as well. Lots of sizes and colours.

8. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Senior member

Thanks to everyone for the TO suggestions. I spent most of my bonus day just walking around the city (saw less than expected during the 14 person bachelor party weekend...) but did make it to Spier Mackay!

I LOVED my weekend in TO. Y'all got good vibes.

4 people like this.
  9. chiggyv

chiggyv Senior member

Just got some Patagonia Stand Up's that are absolutely awesome. But definitely not cut for guys who skip leg day.

10. Firstladyofsong

Firstladyofsong Senior member

Heads up on a Vass Valway Pre-order from local Vass retailer
    2 sweet Valway make-ups, looks like delivery will be Sept/Oct, which is ideal IMO for fall wear. Choose F or P2 last and sole, which is a nice touch! I’m still deciding on which makeup to go for. Currently has 2 orders and I'd love to see it make the 12 minimum to get it off the ground; no affiliation on my end so contact vendor for any questions.

http://www.gtashoeshine.com/GMTO-Valway-Boots--Deposit-_p_211.html?referer=mailid:6

11. goatamous

goatamous Senior member

Bit of a late pass because it's been going on all week: Lipson warehouse sale going on
    Saw a few Gotstyle, Harry Rosen, and Holt Renfrew shirts in addition to their own brand (Lipson), the Jack Lipson Signature Line, the Dagr line, Ivy, and a few others.

190 Norseman St, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 2R4

$50 - $75 each

Bulk
    $50 shirts are 5 for $200
    $75 shirts are 5 for $300

12. Spex

Spex Senior member

I clicked the link and immediately thought "$295! Sweet deal...which should I get?" Then I realized that it was just the deposit. Oh well...was fun while the dream lasted. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Senior member

I was looking for a new blazer and wanted something better than the fused/half-canvas type.

I tried the Samuelsohn at HR and even though 40T fit me pretty well the armholes are just too big for my build (6'2" slim/european), the rep suggested I try on a Canali 40T which does have higher armholes and are slimmer fit but still need to be taken in slightly. However, at $1400 it's way above my budget. I asked if there's a sale and the rep just said "there's no sale on navy or black blazers". Is this true? There has to be some sort of sale for Christmas/Boxing Day? Or should I just go wait for it to show up at the HR Outlet. Thanks in advance.

14. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

Brooks Brothers does have sales on their Blazers. I got mine for 30% off on a corporate sale day.

15. Spex

Spex Senior member

Next Friday BB has a summer sale (might be a Corp Discount Card holders sale), where seasonal sportcoats will be 40% off, I believe. If you're looking for a traditional navy blazer, I'm not sure what the discount might be, but might be worth checking out.

16. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Senior member

I was a loyal BB customer until my MTM GF suit order. Yes I am aware of the CIS event every 3-4 months.

http://www.styleforum.net/forum/newestpost/520524

17. stanchri

stanchri Senior member

I would suggest you try RLBL Antony/Nigel. They're slim fit, high armholes, fully canvased and made by Caruso. If you can still find your size somewhere, very likely that it'll be heavily discounted as they discontinued the RLBL brand. The same suits are now under RLPL with a substantial markup.

18. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

building on this, the Harry Rosen at Vaughan Mills has a small selection of RLBL navy sport coats from $700-$800

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  19. ADub

ADub Senior member

I remember the days where you can get them for about $550 on eBay prices have really gone up lately but they are very nice suits. The lapels are on the slimmer side and the shoulders are very padded, FYI.

20. stanchri

stanchri Senior member

Do you recall what sizes and/or if they had RLBL navy suits?