• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When you get those free drinks, do you have to sign forgiveness papers? I mean you can have drinks and still be angry at them :)

No anger here--I lack the energy and commitment to carry a grudge! And it takes very poor service for me to become annoyed.

In any case, I'd rather pay for a drink at a bar I enjoy rather than put up with a ****** vibe just to save a few dollars.

Last edited:

Caligari

Reaction score
cheers.gif
Great attitude!

Last edited:

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No anger here--I lack the energy and commitment to carry a grudge! And it takes very poor service for me to become annoyed.

In any case, I'd rather pay for a drink at a bar I enjoy rather than put up with a ****** vibe just to save a few dollars.
OK, this was meant as a joke, no judgement of your character. English is not even my second language, so maybe I should have used original "aversion" instead of "anger".
Don't know what they've done, but they offered a chance to make it up, didn't they? It's a service business, people for people, omissions happen...

Having drinks or not having drinks is not exactly my idea of saving money...

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sitting in Pearson waiting for my flight home to Portland. Sadly I had almost zero time to explore the GTA as my work had me doing 12-14 hours every day. Went to a few local restaurants in Mississauga - the highlights of which were Adobo Café close to Dixie Rd and a Korean place called Miga. I did stop by Spier and Mackay earlier this afternoon and got measured for shirts. Jason over there was great to work with.

Do hope to come back on my own time and see the town and try out those recommendations from several pages back.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK, this was meant as a joke, no judgement of your character. English is not even my second language, so maybe I should have used original "aversion" instead of "anger".
Don't know what they've done, but they offered a chance to make it up, didn't they? It's a service business, people for people, omissions happen...

Having drinks or not having drinks is not exactly my idea of saving money...

No worries, it was taken as a joke. And good on you for posting here. I can barely scrape together 25 words in what would technically be my third language.

borbor

Reaction score
Finally lost the duties lottery yesterday. A 350 usd item, used. Got hit with roughly 30 bux of cdn duties.

Was shipped usps.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lost on a pair of shell Aldens this week shipped USPS - around 80 duties.

Have another pair of shell Alden boots coming this week via UPS...God help me but I can't even imagine how much I'll get hit :(

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I finally won yesterday after 4 or 5 losses in a row. All postal shipments. My long established ratio has been literally reversed.

I have lost everything in the past few weeks. 4-5 also
From 1-200 EP shipments to Carmina boots. All issued full taxes and or duties.
Alden are appealing to me more and more. At least you know HST is worse case.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have lost everything in the past few weeks. 4-5 also
From 1-200 EP shipments to Carmina boots. All issued full taxes and or duties.
Alden are appealing to me more and more. At least you know HST is worse case.

The combination of crushing duties and horrendous exchange rate is definitely putting a big chill on my shoe purchase plans. If a local option doesn't exist, I'll pretty much have to take a pass going forward.

stanchri

Reaction score
frown.gif
I know. I'm guessing a couple of hundred. Ugh.

Also UPS supposedly charges the highest "brokerage fees" and doesn't miss a chance to charge the maximum possible in duties and taxes.
baldy[1].gif

burgerkong

Reaction score
Lost on a pair of shell Aldens this week shipped USPS - around 80 duties.

Have another pair of shell Alden boots coming this week via UPS...God help me but I can't even imagine how much I'll get hit
frown.gif

If it's not too late, self clear the package at Pearson to skip out on the UPS brokerage fees.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads