1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Thanks for all the comments on the Vass topic.

The thread has generally confirmed that I could get away with Vass in a conservative model without anyone noticing (in a bad way).

I will give it a little more thought, but will likely stop by GTA Shoe Shine to try out the options, and try the various lasts to see whether a basic model will work, if MTO would be any better, or if I need to actually go bespoke.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. ADub

ADub Senior member

Those look very similar to the EG Galway and I'd definitely be interested if the makeup is on a Dainite sole and comes with lasted shoe trees, especially if the price is roughly half of what the Galway costs.

3. ADub

ADub Senior member

I have asked Bobby those two questions and will post here once I find out. For anyone interested they will also have Drapers traveler at around $1950 plus tax.

4. simondg

simondg Active Member

double post

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  5. simondg

simondg Active Member

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck on your search! :)

6. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Nice pickup.

I got a pair of the Tricker's a couple of weeks ago and posted pics at the Tricker's thread.

[​IMG]

Agreed that Chrys is great to deal with. Jonathan is great as well.

1 person likes this.
  7. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Our OCBD program is under production. Should be in hour hands in about a month. We are turning through product faster than we can stock it, especially on CBD staples and basics. We just put in a huge order of replenishment.

8. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Yes sir! Those are so sweet, love the black scotch grain.

I am more drawn to brands like Alden, Trickers, and more rounded Carmina/Vass options lately. I am finding the clunkier lasts better and more versatile for my wardrobe. Being chinos, denim 90% of the time. Only wool trousers being 10% of my wear. Even than I am reaching more for tweed, and LWB's or boots + tweed is a perfect pairing.

9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

To the average joe, this look like every other "black shoe", although appears higher in material and quality just by looking at them. Most people won't look twice or be that close to your feet. If you wear them a lot, the $1,000 investment on them it would be worth it.
    Now if you go U-Last and mirror shine the toes, they will be a bit more flashy. But still black, and incognito.

10. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

Damn, those Valways are sick.

+1 on Lost and Found shop. I bought a pair of Alden CXL Dovers there and they're still in rotation.

11. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Thank you.

Like you, I like my shoes to be 'substantial.'

12. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

can we please stop mentioning Chrys from L&F...:inlove:

She's the best.

13. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

LOL & yes she is!

1 person likes this.
  14. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

same here, less of my wool dress overall actually and more into the streetwear side of things for a bit. All works together well though.
    Got dressed for work yesterday and realized almost everything was from L&F. Should've snapped a pic for Jonathan LOL.
    rotation of Gitmans, Filson, Alden, and Viberg. The trickers are on my radar too.

15. tricky

tricky Senior member

Totally....

1 person likes this.
  16. chiggyv

chiggyv Senior member

Looking forward to it! Will keep an eye out for the restock.

17. ADub

ADub Senior member

3 roll 2 is definitely possible and is considered an aesthetic feature so no surcharge for that. As for the fit Bobby says the MTM pattern is completely unique and different from RTW. If you want I could PM you his contact so you can find out more about the pattern used for MTM.

18. ADub

ADub Senior member

I like Lost and Found as well but I'm not willing to spend $100 on a shirt or henley just yet. :p The Golden Bear on sale are pretty good deals if you after varsity jackets.

19. Spex

Spex Senior member

Anyone have a lead on dark green and wine colored OTC socks in the city, that are not $30+ from Harry Rosen? I usually wear them in wool, but will buy them in cotton as well. Loding has $16 OTCs but only in the most basic of colors.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  20. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Thanks for getting back to me on those questions. If you could PM me his contact information that'd be great!