Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. thebeaches

thebeaches Member

Thanks that's helpful. I saw pair I liked but at US$300 so after exchange etc looking at close to C$500 which isn't much of a savings so guess I need to choose the cheaper shoes!

2. Spex

Spex Senior member

No, he doesn't mean $300 US, but $300 CDN. $157+$35 shipping =$192 USD. At current exchange rates that's about $256 CAD. I purchased shoes from the Shoebank once, and when I picked them up from FedEx I didn't have to pay anything extra.

Also $300 USD is only $400 CAD, by the way.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015

3. thebeaches

thebeaches Member

Sorry I think you misunderstood me. I believe the pricing on the website is in US$ correct? The pair I saw on the website were listed at $300. So yes that C$400 but with shipping and taxes, that closer to C$500

4. Spex

Spex Senior member

I see. Yes, in that case you'd be approaching $500 CAD. Certainly more than I'm willing to pay for shoes as well, at this point in my life. I would find sub-$200 USD AE Shoebank shows doable. Here's to hoping that our dollar greatly improves vs the USD soon!

5. thebeaches

thebeaches Member

Am not holding my breath......

6. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

not happening for quite some time unfortunately. 2016 is a write off

7. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

8. ertu

ertu Well-Known Member

are there any stores in Toronto, Canada where I can try on the Maison Martin Margiela 5 zip leather jacket?
    what is the difference between the lamb and the calf version, which one is better?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

9. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I've been looking for this info for some time. I'm between size EU48-50 and need to try it before I pull the trigger.

10. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

Yes the article is correct: The dollar isn't likely to go much lower, but it's certainly not going to get any better soon. Good news is the Euro may weaken a bit, which opens a few options.

11. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Thought this was worth a mention, because I'm thinking about it... Although I have much higher priorities...

With J. Fitzpatricks 20% off black friday sale. Button boots can be had for $535 CAD (+import).

Seems like a crazy deal, considering all the talk of shoes lately, and the lack of low/mid range shoes.

12. LEVOOSH

LEVOOSH Senior member

PSA guys - Rosen Outlet has gone to their Black Friday mark downs plus an additional 20% off.

I had about 30 minutes with my daughter there yesterday while she played on my phone. Pulled about 10 sport coats off the rack to try on. Out the door with 3 beautiful samuelsohn Wool/Cashmere jackets for under 900 bucks.

I didn't get to look around much but there were a ton of Zegna Trofeo Cashmere for 500 or so in 40/42. Can't speak to the suits or shoes but I was thinking about going back to have a look.

The Outlet can be hit or miss but yesterday was definitely a big score...

13. kasper007

kasper007 Senior member

anyone has a recommendation or ideas for a place for hosting around 50 people (all finance professional) for drinks and hors d'oeuvre this winter / spring? Hopefully somewhere that's trendy and cool, but not too much (in the word of my boss, a cross between the Drake and the Ritz would be ideal)

for some reason, I always have a hard time organizing drinks / dinner for large party so any help is appreciated!!

14. rainmaker

rainmaker Well-Known Member

Drake 150? http://www.drakeonefifty.ca/

15. kasper007

kasper007 Senior member

we thought of that, but the opinion was that is it too cold of a place (tbh, I walked in front a million time, but never went in)