• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sirLF

Reaction score
Leatherfoot has always been more than fair in terms of their pricing anyways. Both my Carminas ordered from the webstore themselves ended up being around $700 a pair after I was absolutely destroyed by duties. I've been hit too many times by hidden duties and taxes, I find myself rather tired by it, and not really willing to risk it anymore. I'd rather go local and get a pair of Vass from Jokb or buy Carmina from LF where there are no surprises in pricing anyways. Everytime I've popped in staff have been friendly, and there is always something beautiful to gawp at anyways.

My Ring Jacket from LF was a great deal. Haven't bought Carmina in a while but would certainly consider buying from LF.

It would be nice if LF could have a Carmina trunk show like those guys in NYC are having! @sirLF would that be an option?

EG trunk show would be great as well
smile.gif

I am in so much trouble if we have an EG trunk show, but so down

Thank You guys for the kind words and encouragements. I appreciate it very much.

@Cityplace @emidyl I'm definitely working to make that happen in our new shop very soon, I'll keep you updated.

@Jaackytung We now carry EG and most certainly will be hosting trunk shows very very soon and other special surprises and collaboration with EG. I can't give details now, but I will certainly do once everything falls through in due time.

All the best!

sirLF

Reaction score
good to hear that new things are in the works and coming soon

That's what I'm talking about. Great news indeed.

good to hear that new things are in the works and coming soon

Thanks!

We got our first EG shipment since 2 months ago, and we've got quite a reasonable amount of stock now, but the batch 2 shipment coming in about 3 weeks will include 4 dover styles and colors, 4 Galways and more. A decent number of the incoming models have been reserved, but there are still sizes available

Cheers!

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Saw a pic of Justin Trudeau with his jacket open and saw a Harry Rosen tag. If I had to guess, I'd say Samuelsohn or Canali. Anybody else notice that his suits fit him well?

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This an old article but interesting, nonetheless.  5.5% duties on shoes?  Yes, please!

http://www.thestar.com/business/per.../why_are_we_paying_so_much_duty_on_shoes.html

I remember that article, I think the bulk of the remaining footwear industry caters to the safety shoe/boot market with Viberg and Dayton also selling the streetwear crowd with their service boots and I think winter boot makers too out of Montreal as well. Otherwise we're getting ripped off every time we buy pair of Loake, Vass, Carminas, even Nike running shoes. It's bullshit.

Last edited:

Firefox

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Saw a pic of Justin Trudeau with his jacket open and saw a Harry Rosen tag. If I had to guess, I'd say Samuelsohn or Canali. Anybody else notice that his suits fit him well?

Given his Montreal roots (and riding), I would hope it was a Samuelsohn.
smile.gif

I remember that article, I think the bulk of the remaining footwear industry caters to the safety shoe/boot market with Viberg and Dayton also selling the streetwear crowd with their service boots and I think winter boot makers too out of Montreal as well. Otherwise we're getting ripped off every time we buy pair of Loake, Vass, Carminas, even Nike running shoes. It's bullshit.

Tariffs rarely make any sense at the best of times, but particularly when there is no real domestic industry to protect.

Firefox

Reaction score
Speaking of boots, any recommendations for a good cold-weather boot for Toronto? I'm not really looking for something suitable for work (e.g. bal boots, etc.) but more something warm and waterproof that I would wear while walking the dog, shovelling snow, etc. I've tried to make do without real winter boots for several years now, but given the previous few winters, I think the time has come.

borbor

Reaction score
I just bit the bullet and bought a pair of sorels last year. Style be damned, those things are life savers when it comes to shovelling. I used to wear sneakers but the toes aren't liking that too much anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads