The Ultimate Supplement Thread!

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by JoeWoah, Feb 26, 2008.

1. javyn

javyn Senior member

Well you can always then get a mortar and pestle and capsule machine. Grind them and cap em yourself.

I for one though think bulk multivitamins are worthless. I've taken them my entire life since a child and never noticed any difference in how I felt to when I wasn't taking them.

That changed when I started taking superfoods and taking vitamins and minerals individually. Getting 3 grams or more of Vitamin C a day is going to do me more good than a little bit of everything in a synthetic form.

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

ok thanks for the info.

but i do think the omega soft gels do help though.

3. javyn

javyn Senior member

Hey whatever floats your boat, most people take a multi and that's it and say anyone else who takes more is stupid.

I still stubbornly follow Dr. Pauling's recommendations re: megadosing though.

4. javyn

javyn Senior member

Updated my regimen a bit. Cutting a lot of crap out.

Day
    5 grams spirulina (vitamin shoppe)
    5 grams chlorella vulgaris (jarrow)
    3 - 5 grams maca 4:1 extract (1fast400)
    2 grams ascorbic acid

Night
    50 mg zinc picolinate
    2.5 grams magnesium citrate
    50mg 5-htp
    25mg vitamin b6
    1 gram ascorbic acid

Don't take fish oil since I love eating sardines. Also, of course, I use whey, but don't count that as supp/vitamin since I cook with it rather than make tons of shakes. I'm sick and tired of whey shakes.

5. william

william Senior member

Doing this was quite possibly the best thing I have ever done nutritionally speaking. The difference in overall wellbeing, recovery and gains in the gym is more than you'll get out of any legal supplement.
    This is absolutely the way to go. Every aspect of my health and life is improved when I eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables. And to answer the OP: Carlson's Cod Liver Oil: Fall/Winter Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega: Spring/Summer Nutritbiotic Rice Protein New Chapter Berry Green

6. coopster

coopster Senior member

i am on an EAS bender right now. I take a myoplex lite instead of having mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks. i also take EAS muscle armor twice a day with breakfast and lunch.

i have enjoyed the results. I have lost weight while adding muscle mass. It is not a quick fix or bulk up method like some of those NOS explodes and MRI black powders that seem to have everything but steroids in them.

7. skrandhawa

skrandhawa Active Member

Daily supplement intake :

1-2 packets of Andrew Lessman's Founders Life Rx for Men. Best vitamin I've ever used (most complete with antioxidants CoQ10 and resveratrol) 100% natural micro granulated powder. Once I tried taking Animal Pack, I threw up trying to swallow just a couple of tablets, but you get what you pay for.

Omega 3's - 1 teaspoon of molecularly distilled pharmaceutical grade Cod Liver Oil with Vitamin D (Nordic Naturals)

8. skrandhawa

skrandhawa Active Member

ok thanks for the info.

but i do think the omega soft gels do help though.

Liquid Omega 3's are absorbed better

9. william

william Senior member

Updated my regimen a bit. Cutting a lot of crap out.

Day
    5 grams spirulina (vitamin shoppe)
    5 grams chlorella vulgaris (jarrow)
    3 - 5 grams maca 4:1 extract (1fast400)
    2 grams ascorbic acid

Night
    50 mg zinc picolinate
    2.5 grams magnesium citrate
    50mg 5-htp
    25mg vitamin b6
    1 gram ascorbic acid

Don't take fish oil since I love eating sardines. Also, of course, I use whey, but don't count that as supp/vitamin since I cook with it rather than make tons of shakes. I'm sick and tired of whey shakes.

Do you ever supplement with Copper due to your Zinc intake? I've read that Zinc can deplete Copper..

10. javyn

javyn Senior member

Nah because I actually only take the zinc every other day. I alternate between zinc and 5-htp at night. Once my picolinate runs out I'm considering trying Optizinc with some copper included. Even still, 50mg a day shouldn't be a problem even if I did take it daily. http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/zinc.asp

11. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    Nah because I actually only take the zinc every other day. I alternate between zinc and 5-htp at night.

Once my picolinate runs out I'm considering trying Optizinc with some copper included.

Even still, 50mg a day shouldn't be a problem even if I did take it daily.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/zinc.asp

5-HTP to sleep? I found I had some weird dreams on that.

12. brazboy

brazboy Active Member

javyn,

I might be wrong, but isn't 50mg of 5-htp quite a low dosage? The only 5-htp supplement I found at GNC was 100mg tablets, or 200mg time-release tablets, and recomended dosage was 1 tablet a day. Do you see any solid results taking that amount?

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

Yeah it's a bit of a low dosage, but I only take it as a sleep aid rather than to combat depression, which would of course require much more.

Also, my picolinate ran out, so I replaced with Optizinc. I'll follow up with how I like it compared to other forms of zinc I've tried. It's 30mg of zinc along with 15% DRV of copper per tablet.

14. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

GNC megamen multi (looking to try something new if anyone has any suggestions)
    Emergen-C (usualy when I am feeling a bit tired or rundown)
    B-Supp (b6, b12, folic) daily usually before the gym)
    Amino supp (use during workout)
    Isopure protien (post workout) mixed with 4 tbsp natty pb and 1 whole banana

Thinking about adding green tea extract, have heard nothin but great stuff about it. Great for natural energy and especially weightloss. Have seen multiple studies showing 15-20% greater wieghtloss over placebo groups doing same workout.

Def. interested in trying eating the raw foods as suggested by some others. Do you just eat all of your fruits and veggies this way (ie broc, cauli, green beans, carrots, etc.)?

15. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member