1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by reedobandito, Jun 27, 2011.

1. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

YUP. Touched down on Thursday morning, went to grab a coffee at Barista and the snow began. Then I started hearing that everything was going to start closing up early. There goes one day out the window! I was not prepared at all. Had to re-wear my Buzz Rickson MA-1 all weekend because it was the only thing that could stand up to the cold.
    Didn't get to go to as many spots as I wanted to. The weekend wasn't a complete wash though - the highlights for me were Holdfast, Pine Street Market (in the morning...it was pretty empty) for Pollo Bravo & Shalom Y'All, brunch at Han Oak, and Imperial. Wasn't the biggest fan of Basilisk's fried chicken. Nike Employee Store was a shitshow. Caught the Blazers game at Century Bar - gotta say that is a pretty great set up for watching a game! Although I was warned not to go otherwise.

Also, Saturday night at Dig A Pony was pretty fun - white girls were giving this brown guy a lot of love, ha (dating apps were blowing up too - I kinda sorta want to move to Portland for a bit)

2. tomenugen

tomenugen Well-Known Member

YOU got into NES? I've been here for 3 years and still can't find an in.

Glad you salvaged the trip. Portland really is an ideal destination for an extended weekend.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  3. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

NES on weekends , or near holidays is next level slammed. Non holiday period weekdays, and not over lunch break are best.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  4. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

x

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  5. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

la cocina?

6. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

I always thought La Bonita didn't get enough love. Been eating there since it was called Mi Ranchita and was owned by the parents of the people who run it now. Not gonna blow any minds, but classic, tasty and inexpensive.

7. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

I need to try that spot, i went to la sirenita next door and was pretty disappointed. Still trying to find a goto taqueria in the alberta/33rd area. Santo domingo on 42/killinsworth has been doing the job and they have some solid chilaquiles/breakfast burritos, but Im sure im missing something in the area.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  8. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

Yeah, people's love for La Sirenita has always been a bit mystifying to me. Try La Bonita next time yr up there... It's been a few years since I've eaten there, but I remember them having good chilaquiles. Another old favorite was El Burrito Loco off Denver on Portland Blvd (Rosa Parks Way now, right?). Have no idea if they're even still open (been probably 15 years since I've eaten there), but they used to have killer pastrami tacos and quesadillas.