• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh thanks for the Victory tip. Not sure I can make it to both, but def gonna try to hit up the OMFG/B&B thing on my way home from work. Fritz is my peeps.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i may goto the bridge and burn.

went to white owl last night, i swear the server hates me. but i keep coming back. Bison burger was good for 5$.

Had another really good burger last night at tabor tavern, sleeper hit. highly recommend. could hit tannery and tabor tavern in one swoop.

Bramble Lee

Reaction score
I liked Ava Genes, its solid. I was just in Portland and ate like crazy for 5 days.
Ava Genes
Olympic Provisions
Clyde Common
Gruner
Blue Line
St. Jack
Tasty and Sons
Lardo
Double Mountain (in Hood River)
and about 4 or 5 of the best espressos i've ever had, best one for me was at Coava Roasters.
Lots of good recs here.

What's Blue Line though? Haven't heard of it, Google isn't showing anything. I don't think you're talking about getting around on the Max, and I'd be surprised if you meant Blue Hour.

We ate at Ava Gene's a couple nights ago, it was spectacular.

Oboy's recs for DOC cannot be stated strongly enough. Best restaurant in the city, according to my opinion.

Kix, is the new Tasty spot over near you guys open yet?

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
anywhere you guys recommend to shop for girls? My friends visiting and I can only think of a handful of stores.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's good resale/consignment for female-bodied folks if she's into that. I'm not sure which are the good ones, though...

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anywhere you guys recommend to shop for girls? My friends visiting and I can only think of a handful of stores. 

The stores on E. Burnside close in--like
Victory--are solid. Also Lille for fancy undergarments. Blake is good but not if you're visiting from SF/LA/etc. Lizard Lounge has a pretty solid buyer too. For sure Una and Frances May.

theundeadkennedy

Reaction score
I'll be in Portland for a week starting Saturday, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could pick up Naked and Famous denim? Also, I'd like to visit a good shoe store that would carry a good range of care products like horse hair brushes, high end polishes and cleaners. Thanks for any info guys!

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Blake carries Naked & Famous, but there's so many styles in their line I have no idea if what he has will be what you're after. Was up there the other day. Some nice spring EG stuff is in, and a few finds still lurking the sale rack/table (rag & bone sweaters caught my eye.).

re: shoe care definitely swing by the Tanner flagship store on W. Burnside for excellent brushes and more "sturdy" shoe care stuff like Obenauf's or Hubbards. For "finer" polish/cream/etc. I'm not totally sure where to send you, thought the cobbler in Morgan's Alley next to European Master Tailor has a good selection if i recall correctly. Maybe Johnny Sole or alternately John Helmer on Broadway.

Lizard Lounge seems to have gone really heavy on LVC this season if anyone's looking for that...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

The stores on E. Burnside close in--like
Victory--are solid. Also Lille for fancy undergarments. Blake is good but not if you're visiting from SF/LA/etc. Lizard Lounge has a pretty solid buyer too. For sure Una and Frances May.

Well, ****.

You free Saturday or what?

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
thanks for the tips. Yea i know most of those places, was hoping for some more areas, i didnt know. luckily she really liked yo!

also checked out white owl social club. The best veggie burger I've ever had. It was amazing. And you cant beat two dollar drafts either. I think I just found my go to hh spot.

Last edited:

theundeadkennedy

Reaction score

^ Blake carries Naked & Famous, but there's so many styles in their line I have no idea if what he has will be what you're after. Was up there the other day. Some nice spring EG stuff is in, and a few finds still lurking the sale rack/table (rag & bone sweaters caught my eye.).

re: shoe care definitely swing by the Tanner flagship store on W. Burnside for excellent brushes and more "sturdy" shoe care stuff like Obenauf's or Hubbards. For "finer" polish/cream/etc. I'm not totally sure where to send you, thought the cobbler in Morgan's Alley next to European Master Tailor has a good selection if i recall correctly. Maybe Johnny Sole or alternately John Helmer on Broadway.

Lizard Lounge seems to have gone really heavy on LVC this season if anyone's looking for that...

Thanks for the info! I had Blake on my hit list, so that will work out well. I have Obenhauf's and Hubbards, but I think I'd like to make it by Tanner Goods anyways to check things out. If time permits I'll make to the other places mentioned. Thanks again!

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****.

Ava Gene's and Pok Pok were ******* mindblowing.

Portland is really awesome.

Sad I'm back in LA now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads