• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Appreciation Thread (Bespoke only)

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it made from baby calf? Mine were and it is softer than regular calf.
I actually don't know, saw it from the armoury tumblr and got in love.. But they look rather ''smoothy''

Last edited:

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Two pairs of Foster & Son bespoke. These photos are old, but I only came across them recently.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Two pairs of Foster & Son bespoke. These photos are old, but I only came across them recently.

i hope they fit you well.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i hope they fit you well.

They do.
They look great. Are you happy with Foster? How is the fit and finish? Best

Thanks. I think I have written about Foster & Son before and don't wat to do it all over again, but the high point is that they worked very hard to get the fit right and eaxh pair took a few tires. The slip-0ns were difficult and they were a little nervous about doing them for me given the shape of my fit. After a few adjustments, they got them right. They also insisted on taking back the brown punchcaps and incorporating what they learned on making the slip-ons to improve the fit on that pair. I have a third pair in process with them now, which I posted about here.
From what I can tell, stitchwork and finishing is typical West End, which is perhaps not quite as good as G&G and some of the French makers. But that is another area where Foster & Son seems responsive ,and we will see how this next pair comes out (I noted in the other thread that Paul Davies, when he was trading, did very good work on that front, but I could never get the fit to be as good).

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They also insisted on taking back the brown punchcaps and incorporating what they learned on making the slip-ons to improve the fit on that pair.

makes sense.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha...

Doesn't post doesn't mean I am not here, hahaha...

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
cross post from thr G&G thread

GGBSVintageCedarImpala5.jpg

GGBSVintageCedarImpala3.jpg

GGBSVintageCedarImpala14.jpg

GGBSVintageCedarImpala7.jpg

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

cross post from thr G&G thread
GGBSVintageCedarImpala5.jpg

GGBSVintageCedarImpala3.jpg

GGBSVintageCedarImpala14.jpg

GGBSVintageCedarImpala7.jpg

You got everything I like in a shoe going on there....spade, diamond punch brogueing, adelaide, half vamp stitching, scotch grain...

Last edited:

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You got everything I like in a shoe going on there....spade, diamond punch brogueing, adelaide, half vamp stitching, scotch grain...

yes, i got Tony to make them to have a very vintage feel, so know the kinds of shoes you normally post, then yes these should appeal to you :happy:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yes, i got Tony to make them to have a very vintage feel, so know the kinds of shoes you normally post, then yes these should appeal to you :happy:

Glad I could provide any inspiration to you/the shoemaster.

Just a question. The shallowness of the vamp area. How does that fit you?

I suppose as bespoke... perfectly...it just seems so shallow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads