• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Appreciation Thread (Bespoke only)

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ the pig skins look great!, how do you find the creasing? also how do you find the fit for loafer as piggy does not have a memory like carf so i find once it has stretched it wont return to its normal shape?

Thank you. The creasing is my favorite characteristic so far. It's very distinctive. You get creases like calfskin, and in addition you get rolls like shell. Also, there is a matte lacquer finish on the skin that sort of flakes off near the creases in a very pleasant manner.

I only received the shoes today, and have walked on them for a few hours. So far they are very comfortable. Stiff at first, but the pigskin does appear to give. I have a feeling it will break in faster than shell. I'll post pics after 5-6 wears....

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thank you. The creasing is my favorite characteristic so far. It's very distinctive. You get creases like calfskin, and in addition you get rolls like shell. Also, there is a matte lacquer finish on the skin that sort of flakes off near the creases in a very pleasant manner.
I only received the shoes today, and have walked on them for a few hours. So far they are very comfortable. Stiff at first, but the pigskin does appear to give. I have a feeling it will break in faster than shell. I'll post pics after 5-6 wears....

yes this is my expirance too, i have consider piggy for loafers too so i will be keen to see how yours fair

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are just amazing, enjoy them!
22e391a1.jpg
2da54718.jpg
4fa770f6.jpg

Cleverley pig skin.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey luk-cha, are those G&G split-toes made out of kudu?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

shoefan

Reaction score
Wow, what sad news. Obviously a very talented and ambitious fellow, for him to die at age 48 is a shame.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smokeyfan1000

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newbie here on this forum.

I've been looking to purchase some lack & white spectator shoes like the ones pictured below.

I've looked at Florsheim, Allan Edmonds, and a few others.

The Barker Black Spectators are @ $925.00. And are quite a bit out of what I care to spend at this time.

I'm looking at the 250-300 dollar range of spectator shoes..

I found these Charles Tyrwhitt Black & White Spectator Shoes and this is the type/style/brouging I'm wanting. At estimated USD sum of @ $250.00.

Thats within the range I'm willing to pay, but when I googled them I was referred to an ebay sale page. I'm also wondering if the price & if the shoe are in fact as represented.

Does anyone know or have bought from this ebay seller?

Is this brand of shoe,Charles Tyrwhitt a well made, long lasting shoe? Are they high quality? Does the price sound too inexpensive or expensive when compared to other stores selling them (I haven't found them anywhere other than ebay thus far.)

Anyone have a pair? Any reviews on them?

TIA Guys......

I'm wondering because I was linked to ebay where they are being sold. Link & pic below.

LINK>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charles-Tyrwhitt-Black-White-Calf-Leather-Spectator-Lace-Up-Shoe-UK-6-5-F-RARE-/360419561544?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D1004241831354823297%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26

!CEDq)zwBmk~$(KGrHqR,!hgE0frcQTiyBNQp1OBTlw~~0_3.JPG

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newbie here on this forum.

I've been looking to purchase some lack & white spectator shoes like the ones pictured below.

I've looked at Florsheim, Allan Edmonds, and a few others.

The Barker Black Spectators are @ $925.00. And are quite a bit out of what I care to spend at this time.

I'm looking at the 250-300 dollar range of spectator shoes..

I found these Charles Tyrwhitt Black & White Spectator Shoes and this is the type/style/brouging I'm wanting. At estimated USD sum of @ $250.00.

Thats within the range I'm willing to pay, but when I googled them I was referred to an ebay sale page. I'm also wondering if the price & if the shoe are in fact as represented.

Does anyone know or have bought from this ebay seller?

Is this brand of shoe,Charles Tyrwhitt a well made, long lasting shoe? Are they high quality? Does the price sound too inexpensive or expensive when compared to other stores selling them (I haven't found them anywhere other than ebay thus far.)

Anyone have a pair? Any reviews on them?

TIA Guys......

I'm wondering because I was linked to ebay where they are being sold. Link & pic below.

LINK>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charles-Tyrwhitt-Black-White-Calf-Leather-Spectator-Lace-Up-Shoe-UK-6-5-F-RARE-/360419561544?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D1004241831354823297%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26

!CEDq)zwBmk~$(KGrHqR,!hgE0frcQTiyBNQp1OBTlw~~0_3.JPG

Wrong thread. This thread is for bespoke shoes.

Try AE or Meermin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads