• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Appreciation Thread (Bespoke only)

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks Luk. 
Definitely worth the visit. 
Hopefully we'll have a chance to bump in to each other at some point too.

Andrew.

well let me know you contact details via PM and perhaps we can arrange that bump when i am in Melbourne

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thank you. Yes, they are lined, and the double sole has a thin rubber membrane in the middle to make them more water resistant. With all of this, they are still pretty light!

why didnt you go with them unlined at the ancle??

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whats next from either of your makers?

From Cleverley I have a pair of navy crup loafers and a pair of ruby crup longwings, and from JLSJ a pair of plain toe bluchers in calf. I'm also trying out Foster and Son and have a pair of brogued captoe bluchers (the horror) on order.

You? Anything in the pipeline?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

From Cleverley I have a pair of navy crup loafers and a pair of ruby crup longwings, and from JLSJ a pair of plain toe bluchers in calf. I'm also trying out Foster and Son and have a pair of brogued captoe bluchers (the horror) on order.

You? Anything in the pipeline?

A lot of crup coming, i bet they love you, as i know most hate working with it, looking forward to seeing them all, i think the only horror with the cap toe derby would be if it is in black (dont tell fritzl i said so ;-)) i am thinking about some loafers a pair in suede/ china buck and also perhaps a sueded lizard skin

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A lot of crup coming, i bet they love you, as i know most hate working with it, looking forward to seeing them all, i think the only horror with the cap toe derby would be if it is in black (dont tell fritzl i said so ;-)) i am thinking about some loafers a pair in suede/ china buck and also perhaps a sueded lizard skin

Heh. Yeah I get alot of grumbles from the crup. They are getting used to it, and the quality is going up alot. This pair had no tool marks. Cap toe derbies are going to be in brown antiqued.

I've been wanting a pair of suede loafers. Scared that I won't get alot of life out of them though. What is china buck? You still using GG?

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way I tracked down my lastmaker at JL who left. He made the best fitting last I've had and is now making his own shoes, lasts, and trees.

http://stevenloweshoes.com/

going to have him make a few trees for me and if things work out, maybe a pair of shoes. Those of you in London should check him out. His prices are WAY lower than other London makers, and I'm sure the fit and quality will be fanstastic.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way I tracked down my lastmaker at JL who left. He made the best fitting last I've had and is now making his own shoes, lasts, and trees.

http://stevenloweshoes.com/

going to have him make a few trees for me and if things work out, maybe a pair of shoes. Those of you in London should check him out. His prices are WAY lower than other London makers, and I'm sure the fit and quality will be fanstastic.

Hope he travels to SF...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads